UWC Nigerian National Committee Scholarship 2024: Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for its 2024 Scholarship award.
The deadline for submission of applications for the Nigerian National Committee Annual UWC Scholarship is October 7, 2024.
The Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of need-based scholarship awards and fee-paying places in some United World Colleges (UWCS) for enrolment in September 2024.
Students attend the colleges to prepare for the two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate.
Where applicable, parents/guardians may be required to pay for their children’s flight tickets, pocket money, health insurance, clothing, and other expenses.
Some scholarship awards may only cover a portion of the cost of tuition and housing.
UWC Nigerian National Committee Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for UWC Nigerian National Committee Scholarship 2024,
- Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding academic ability and must have obtained the Senior School Certificate SSC / GCE O’Levels or their recognized equivalent
- Exceptional students in SS3 may also apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 17 years (birth certificate required)
- Candidates must also submit an essay and Principal’s recommendation with their application.
How to Apply for UWC Nigerian National Committee Scholarship
An application fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) is payable on submission of the application, while candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may pay a reduced fee of N1,000.00 (One Thousand Naira only).
Payment is by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favour of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (Call: 09011221956 / WhatsApp: 07011397295 for account details).
Alternatively, pay for the UWC Nigerian National Committee Scholarship 2024 through Flutterwave Payment Gateway on our website: www.ng.uwc.org
Forms can also be purchased and/or submitted at any of our purchasing and submitting centres below in Abuja or Port Harcourt:
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu (Abuja Purchasing Centre),
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe (Port Harcourt Purchasing Center),
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
All Applications must be submitted with the required documents and prescribed fees within the application period at any of the aforementioned centres above or scanned and sent directly to: email@example.com
- In the past, shortlisted candidates have been invited for a rigorous selection exercise at the Sea School, Apapa, Lagos.
- In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Committee will monitor the situation carefully and determine the most appropriate way to conduct the selection exercise in December 2024 so as to safeguard the lives and health of the participants.
Note: If you wish to set-up an appointment to discuss your application, please contact us via: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: 07011397295 , 09011221956