Skoltech PhD Programs 2020 – Fully Funded to Study in Russia: Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is now accepting applications from eligible domestic and international students for its 2020 PhD Programs (an opportunity to study free of charge). The deadline for the submission of applications for the Skoltech PhD Programs is 2nd August, 2020.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private research and academic institute located in the Moscow Region by Skolkovo village. Founded in 2011 with MIT’s collaboration, Skoltech will be responsible for preparing a new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, expanding the range of scientific knowledge, and stimulating technological innovation with the goal of solving important technological research problems that Russia and the rest of the world may face in the future.
- Command Secondary Schools Entrance Examination Date Nationwide
- Command Secondary Schools Exam Centres 2020/2021
- Command Secondary Schools Admission Form 2020/2021
- 2021-2022 Masters Scholarship for Nigerian Students to Study Overseas
- NDA Application Form 2020/2021 – 72nd Regular Course Admission
- Air Force Military School Jos Admission Form
- Npower Reveals What Beneficiaries Need to Do to Get Paid
- List of Boarding & Day Command Secondary Schools in Nigeria
- OAUTHC School of Health SHIM Admission Form 2020/2021
- Oduduwa University School Fees 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Oduduwa University Post UTME Screening Form 2020/2021
- Best Antivirus Software for Windows Computers 2020
- CBN AGSMEIS Loan Form 2020/2021 : How To Apply Without Collateral
Skoltech PhD Programs.
They currently have the following programs:
- Mathematics and Mechanics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Computational and Data Science and Engineering
- Engineering Systems
- Petroleum Engineering
Skoltech PhD Programs Eligibility.
- For Doctoral programs: An appropriate master’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Applications are open to domestic and international students.
- To be eligible for the Ph.D. program, by the time of enrollment at Skoltech, applicants should hold a M.Sc. degree or equivalent (specialist degree) from a recognized institution of higher education and in a relevant area of study.
- All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at Skoltech. A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required. No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted.
- Submission of a General GRE score is not required for the Skoltech application. However, a high score may enhance your application.
As they receive more applications each year from excellent candidates than they have places available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
Successful applicants have generally received previous education and training in fields relevant to our programs, including:
- Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, mathematics & applied mathematics, informatics, etc.
- Physics, applied physics
- Chemistry, chemical engineering
- Biology, molecular biology, bio-engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology
- Materials science and engineering
- Aerospace science and engineering, astrophysics
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum and gas engineering, geophysics, geology, geological engineering
Students whose primary education is in the humanities, business, or social sciences must have significant training in a field related to one of Skoltech’s programs.
Skoltech PhD Programs Benefits.
- Enjoy courses and supervision under world-renowned scientists and engineers.
- Find significant freedom in choosing courses; design an individual study plan that allows you to obtain a modern education with a broad interdisciplinary component. Check out the possibility to choose between fundamental and applied profiles within the program.
- Experience an open dynamic international environment that brings together hundreds of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs with serious ambitions. Students and professors from more than 25 countries study and teach at Skoltech. English is our language of instruction and official business.
- Discover opportunities to visit world-leading universities and international conferences. More than 1/3 of our students have spent or will spend a semester at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other top universities.
- Explore the integration of research, education and innovation. Discover a culture of supporting students startups.
Stipends and other benefits:
- Significant stipends are available, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40,000 RUR per month at MSc programs.
- Free medical insurance.
- Variety of academic mobility programs.
The applicants who have successfully passed the admission process and are enrolled at Skoltech do not pay for their studies. The cost is fully covered by the university; for students, education is free of charge.
How to Apply Skoltech PhD Programs 2020 – Fully Funded to Study in Russia.
- The application includes your CV, two letters of recommendation, and a motivation letter.
- Submission of either TOEFL or IELTS test results is required by “Selection Weekend.”
- Applicants who did not get a chance to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
- No application fee is required.
Skoltech offers an online application to make the process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.