Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition 2020/2021 & How to Apply : Johns Hopkins University is now accepting entries from students all over the world for its 2020 Healthcare Design Competition. The deadline for submission of applications for the Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition is 18th February, 2020.
The competition is open to all student-led teams from around the world that have designed health-related solutions. The solutions could be medical devices, surgical tools, diagnostic devices, drug delivery devices, health IT solutions, mHealth solutions, global health innovations.
Table of Contents
The 2020 Competition tracks are:
- Designs of Solutions for Advanced Health Systems
- Global Health/ Humanitarian Design
- Healthcare Apps/Information Technology Design
Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition – Simplified Rubric for Design Brief.
The Design Brief is a two-page executive summary of your design project. The brief should be written for an audience of medtech engineers and designers that are likely not intimately familiar with your clinical and solution space.
Below are some important links you should also check:
- JAMB CBT Centres 2020/2021 – Full List of UTME Registration Centres
- JAMB Subject Combinations 2020 For All Courses (UTME & DE Candidates)
- JAMB Cut-Off Marks 2020/2021 Admission – Universities, Poly & COE
- JAMB DE Form 2020 Registration Procedures & General Requirements
- How Much Is JAMB Form 2020 – See JAMB Registration Fee
- NDA Application Form 2020/2021 – 72nd Regular Course Admission
- Nigerian Defence Academy Courses
- CAC Recruitment 2020/2021
Design Briefs will be evaluated by following four criteria. We recommend the design brief is laid out in sections devoted to each criteria.
- Problem description (25%)
- Define the problem you are addressing, the clinical/healthcare background, and why there is a need for a better solution.
- Solution concept(s) (25%)
- Present your proposed solution with your design rationale and explain how it meets the needs of the stakeholders involved in your clinical/healthcare problem.
- Reduction to practice (25%)
- Describe the proof-of-concept experimental results you have completed and/or renderings and photos of your prototype(s).
- Pathway to implementation (25%)
- Describe the pathway that lies ahead for your project towards creating an impactful solution.
The Design Brief must be <=2 pages in length including figures and must follow NIH formatting guidelines:
- Use an Arial, Helvetica, Palatino Linotype, or Georgia typeface, a black font color, and a font size of 11 points or larger. (A Symbol font may be used to insert Greek letters or special characters; the font size requirement still applies.)
- Type density, including characters and spaces, must be no more than 15 characters per inch. Type may be no more than six lines per inch. Use standard paper size (8 ½” x 11) . Use at least one-half inch margins (top, bottom, left, and right) for all pages. No information should appear in the margins.
- Figures, plots, reference, and/or photos are highly recommended but are counted towards the page limit.
Any design briefs longer than 2 pages will be disqualified from the competition.
Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition Eligibility.
- Project must be focused on a healthcare application
- Innovations for both high-resource settings and global health applications are eligible
- Device, hardware, and digital solutions are eligible
- Project must have been started after January 1st, 2015
- Project must be driven by full-time students
- Ph.D./Postdoc research projects and projects that have utilized significant research funding (>$100k) are ineligible
- Projects that are not run by full-time students are ineligible. For example, projects run by startup companies or faculty are ineligible.
- Eligible full-time students include those working towards undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees (MBA, MD, etc.).
How to Apply Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition 2020/2021.
Apply Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition 2020 Here
To register, submit a project or get more information, email [email protected]
- How to Print Nigerian Customs Service Examination Slip 2020
- UNIABUJA Hostel Accommodation Registration 2020 Procedure
- World Food Programme PD Summer Internship 2020
- Nigeria Customs Service Shortlisted Candidates 2020
- How Much Is JAMB Form 2020
- JAMB Form 2020/2021 Registration Guidelines