WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2021/2022 for African Female Students in STEM: Applications for the WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2021/2022 are now open. The WAAW Foundation’s Annual Scholarship Program aims to support need-based African Females Students studying any Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) related course at the university, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
WAAW (Working to Advance Science and Technology Education for African Women) Foundation is an international non-profit organization founded in 2007. Headquartered in Lagos Nigeria with an operational office in Wylie, Texas. Their mission is to increase the pipeline of African women entering into Science and Technology fields and ensure they are engaged in Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship to benefit Africa.
- Evangel University School Fees for Undergraduates 2021/2022
- POCHTECH 2nd Convocation Ceremony Schedule
- Tech-U Ibadan Pre-Degree Admission Form 2021/2022
- UDUSOK School Fees Schedule for 2020/2021 Session
- FUTMINNA Announces Registration Deadline for Students 2021/2022
- Plateau College of Health Tech Zawan Admission Form 2021/2022
- How to Purchase WAEC GCE Registration ePINs on Remita 2021
- Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500.
WAAW Foundation Scholarship for African Female Students in STEM Eligibility.
- Open to Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S. degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need.
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university:
- All fields of Engineering
- All computer science
- Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
- Agriculture, Geography, and Statistics etc.
Not Accepted Courses:
- Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, etc.
- Social Science courses
- Art courses.
How to Apply for WAAW Foundation Scholarship.
Your application will include the following:
- The application form filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW Scholarship will assist in your education. Have your essay responses ready before you begin the application:
- In 500 words or less, write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell them about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
Deadline: November 12, 2021