UN WFF Startup Innovation Awards 2022: Applications are open for the WFF Startup Innovation Awards 2022.
The WFF Startup Innovation Awards, powered by Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) are a global startup competition established to support and showcase innovators and entrepreneurs who are harnessing the power of technology to drive the sustainable transformation of agrifood systems in support of ending global hunger and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Made possible through a strategic partnership with XTC, the world’s largest startup competition for entrepreneurs addressing global challenges, the WFF Startup Innovation Awards seek to identify, elevate and accelerate the growth of startups who show the greatest potential for a positive impact in transforming agrifood systems, aligned to one of four categories: better production, better nutrition, better environment, and better life. A special prize will also be awarded to innovative solutions aligned to the 2022 World Food Forum theme, “Healthy Diets. Healthy Planet.”
READ: Climate Investment Funds (CIF) Youth Internship Program 2022
UN World Food Forum (WFF) Startup Innovation Awards 2022.
The Startup Innovation Awards provide finalist and award winners:
- The potential for global visibility
- The ability to raise capital
- Network with global entities (governments, United Nations agencies, corporations, VCs, partners),
- Gain the mentorship opportunities they need to pioneer technological breakthroughs and help power a sustainable future for our food.
- How to Transfer Your INEC Voter Polling Unit in Simple Steps
- How to Apply UN Immersion Programme 2022
- CBN 3 Million Naira Collateral-free Loan for SMEs & Individuals
- INEC Voter Registration Portal 2021/2022 | https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- UN Habitat Photo Competition 2022: Inclusive, Vibrant Neighbourhoods & Communities
UN World Food Forum Startup Innovation Awards Eligibility
Open to companies whose work impacts an element of agrifood systems: production, aggregation, processing, distribution, consumption and disposal of food products that originate from agriculture, forestry or fisheries, and parts of the broader economic, societal and natural environments in which they are embedded.
How to Apply for UN WFF Startup Innovation Awards 2022
Phase I: Launch of the WFF Startup Innovation Awards, powered by XTC
Phase II: The WFF-XTC Startup Cup – July – October, 2022: the WFF selection team will narrow down the list of entrants to an initial group of shortlisted startups to be highlighted on their website and participate in the September semi-finals.
The eight finalist startups across the four betters will then give their pitches to the panel of judges in a session during the World Food Forum flagship event in October, with the final award for each of the categories of the “four betters” in relation to the 2022 theme: “Healthy Diets. Healthy Planet.”, as well as one overall winner, the WFF Startup Award Innovator of the Year, to be delivered in the WFF Innovation Award Ceremony.
Deadline: July 15, 2022.