BATN Farmers For The Future (F4F) Grant 2022 for Nigerian Agripreneurs: The Farmers for the Future (F4F) Grant is an Agricultural Entrepreneurship grant designed to support young people with viable Agri-Business with equity-free capital and other associated support they may require to scale their businesses.
The project is an initiative developed and sponsored by the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATNF) in partnership with NYSC and implemented by Fate Foundation. It is targeted at currently serving National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members – as part of BATNF’s drive to encourage and support the youth in sustainable agriculture.
- Make agribusiness attractive
- Reduce youth unemployment
- Drive youth engagement in Agriculture.
- Youth Development
- Train and Empower youth in agro-practices
- 16 Million Naira in cash prizes
In addition to:
- Linkage to financial institutions and investors for follow-on financing and/or credit facilities
- Winners will get technical support to establish their agribusiness
- Participation in an intensive “Think-through-your-business” boot camp
- Mentorship under seasoned entreprenuers and Agric Experts
- Membership of the F4F alumni network
- Participation in other partner-drive training programs
- Support with business registration & other legal & regulatory requirements
Eligibility Criteria | BATN Foundation Farmers For The Future Grant.
Who Can Apply?
- •Must be a current NYSC Corp member or just out of service;
- •Can be male or female between 18 and 30 years;
- •Group entries may be considered. However, each group/team should not be more than 3 members, as long as each member meets the eligibility criteria;
- •Individuals that are willing to partake in long term agricultural career and who have measurable experience in agribusiness;
- •Individuals with a keen interest in setting up an agribusiness enterprise after National Youth Service Corps (NYSC);
Entrepreneurs with Agri Business focused on any of the below value chain areas are welcome:
•Crop farming, •Livestock/Animal Husbandry, •Agricultural Product Logistics & Distribution, •Agro commodity trading, •Aquaculture, •Horticulture, •Agricultural Mechanization, •Agricultural Produce Processing, •AgTech, •Agric Financing •Agric Education & Stakeholder Support •Others
Stages of Competition
1. Submit Your Application
The online application portal will be available for you to send in your applications
2. Virtual Bootcamp
20 Selected businesses will go through a rigorous virtual bootcamp where they will refine their business thesis and build a compelling pitch.ts.
3. Pitch Event & Award
The top 10 businesses from the bootcamp will pitch before a panel of expert judges and investors. 3 winners will be selected.
The 3 Winners will be given financing to execute, strengthen, advance and scale their businesses under the guidance of seasoned mentors. They will also be connected to the relevant networks they require to make progress
5. Join The Farmers For The Future Alumni
Continue to enjoy exclusive access to expert mentorship, insider opportunities and a robust support network that will open doors to follow on financing, new markets, etc.
BATN Farmers For The Future Grant Target Audience
The F4F Grant is targeted at NYSC Corps members NATIONWIDE left with less than 3 months to their passing-out date. This will enable them to hit the ground running immediately, with their businesses, after the award – which is designed to coincide with their pass out date.
How to Apply for BATN Foundation Farmers For The Future Grant.
Interested applicants should visit the BATN Foundation Farmers For The Future (F4F) Grant 2022 online application portal to submit their application.
The Farmers for the Future Project is Sponsored by the British American Tobacco Foundation Nigeria under the Wealth is here campaign, in Partnership with the NYSC. The program is implemented by Fate Foundation.
The British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATN Foundation) is an independent charitable organization established in November 2002 by British American Tobacco Nigeria. Since its incorporation, the Foundation has established over 200 community development projects in all the 36 States of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory; promoting sustainable agricultural development including good agricultural practices amongst rural farmers and providing the financial support needed to move them from subsistence to commercial farming.