Newcastle University, Australia International Graduate Scholarships 2022: International Graduate Scholarships at Newcastle University 2022: The University of Newcastle is hosting a number of top fully funded and partial scholarships for graduate students. Scholarships are accessible to all intended and existing international students.
The main type of financial support available to graduate researchers is in the form of scholarships. The university offers a range of scholarships to help you meet your living costs while you study. Every scholarship has its own set of terms and conditions. It’s important that you read through the details and eligibility criteria before you start an application.
These Newcastle university scholarships are available to interested candidates to undertake researches in higher degree programme. Scholarships are offered in diverse fields across the university faculty and courses of study (you will be required to refer to the university website for course catalogue).
Eligibility for applying to these scholarships would be that candidates must also meet admission eligibility criteria, some of which are to include; satisfying the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5, 7.0 in some disciplines), be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the scholarship closing date in which you are applying.
- Scholarship value take after the RTP rates. An annual living allowance $27,082 per annum (2021 rate – indexed annually).
Other benefits of the scholarship may also include:
- A relocation allowance up to $1,500 (rate may change)
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- A laptop for your research studies
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) (Single cover for international candidates)
Additionally: Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have: A master degree with strong research component and international peer reviewed research publication or research experience.
How to Apply Newcastle University Australia International Graduate Scholarships
Candidates can access application links online (at official website) and follow the step-by-step application procedures. The first thing to note is that you should apply for admission first. In applying, the following documents should be made available.
- Academic certificates
- Evidence of extra academic attainments e.g. publications
- Copies of all academic transcripts
- A research proposal
- A certificate of the English proficiency requirement may also be required
- The following documents may also be presented to support candidate’s scholarship application: Curriculum Vitae, research publications, exhibitions or conference papers, Details of previous research experience e.g. research work and any additional documents that may add to their scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal.
Application Deadline: Varies