Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 6 – Call for Applications: Applications are open for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 6. This challenge seeks to support solutions which work to achieve access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all and end open defecation, paying special attention to the needs of rural communities in developing economies where basic infrastructure is still lacking. There should be a particular focus on children, women/girls and those in the most vulnerable.
Applicants should demonstrate impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Incentivise and educate vulnerable females in rural communities to alleviate the practice of open defecation to not only prevent the spread of life threatening diseases but also to empower females to feel safe in their own communities.
- Drive focused behaviour change to ensure good hygiene practice and educate on self-sufficient practices to reduce the spread of preventable disease such as diarrhoea.
- Ensure basic sanitation facilities are not just developed but are sustainable in the long term allowing communities to feel empowered to maintain solutions for generations to come.
The winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from Reckitt
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Reckitt professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Lead2030 Challenge Eligibility
- Project should be evidently aligned with the challenge.
- Be founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
How to Apply for Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 6.
You cannot save draft responses for this application so they recommend drafting your responses in an offline document while you work on your application.
For application and more information, visit Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 6.