Global Peacebuilders Program: Primary Course JFY2021 (Fully-funded to Japan): The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC) has started accepting applications for the Global Peacebuilders Program Primary Course JFY2021 for Non-Japanese Applicants of “The Program for Global Human Resource Development for Peacebuilding and Development”. The Primary Course is designed for people who have the strong will to build their careers in the field of peacebuilding and development to acquire the required practical knowledge and skills through participation in a 5-week Coursework in Japan. This course expects to host around 10 participants from Japan and 10 participants from other countries.
The Program for Global Human Resource Development for Peacebuilding and Development (Global Peacebuilders Program) is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) in order to strengthen civilian capacity for peacebuilding and development. The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC), commissioned by MOFA, implements the program in cooperation with the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme. The course is focused on human resource development for peacebuilding and development of practitioners.
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022-Friday, February 18, 2022 (approximately 5 weeks)
- *Monday, February 21 and Tuesday, February 22 are optional.
- Venue: Tokyo and Hiroshima City
- No fees (except fees necessary for his/her participation online)
- Fully-funded for selected participants (including travel fees, traveler’s insurance, accommodation fees, and living expenses)
Global Peacebuilders Program: Primary Course JFY2021 Eligibility
- Around 10 participants from Japan and 10 participants from other countries
- As Non-Japanese nationals, those from the following countries/ organizations are eligible to apply for this year’s program:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Sudan,
- The African Union Commission (AUC).
Please note that for AUC, the application process is not open to the public and depends on arrangements with AUC.
- The strong will to work in the field of peacebuilding and/or development in the future
- At least two years of work experience in peacebuilding and/or development-related fields (e.g. law, public administration, education, public health, logistic support including IT, human resources, media, environment, etc.)
- A university degree or equivalent
- Aged 25 or older and under 40 on the date of application
- English proficiency equivalent to scores of or above 90 on TOEFL iBT, 900 on TOEIC or 6.5 on IELTS
- Health condition suitable for participation in the program and the ability to attend the entire duration of the Coursework
The selection process for non-Japanese participants entails 1) a document screening and 2) an interview. Non-Japanese applicants who pass the document screening will be contacted by the Japanese Embassy in their country of origin for an interview
How to Apply Global Peacebuilders Program: Primary Course JFY2021.
Send the required documents by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com * If you don’t receive a confirmation email from HPC within a few days after your submission, please contact HPC by phone or by email (please refer to General Inquiries in the section 11 for the contact information).
If there are any troubles submitting the required documents via e-mail, please send them by fax. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +81-(0)82-553-0910
Deadline: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 (9:00 am Japan Standard Time.