NSUK Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Academic Session: NSUK Postgraduate Form is out. The management of the Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK) has commenced sales of its 2019/2020 academic session postgraduate programmes (Doctor of Philosophy, Mphil/Ph.D, Masters and Postgraduate Diploma) application forms. This page provides NSUK postgraduate courses, eligibility and method of application. Continue reading below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the various Postgraduate programmes of the Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK) for the 2019/2020 academic session.
- NSUK Part-Time Degree Admission Form 2019/2020
- NSUK Pre-Degree Admission Form 2019/2020 (IJMB & Remedial)
- NIRSAL Closes COVID-19 Loan Application Portal, Disburses N49 Billion
- Oyo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- NPower Registration Closing Date 2020 – See Application Deadline
- NPower Stipend News for June 2020 – N-Power Salary Payment Date
NSUK Postgraduate Programmes.
Go to NSUK Postgraduate Courses page to access the list of Ph.D. Degree, M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree, Master Degree and Postgraduate Diploma courses available at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK).
1. Ph.D. Degree Programmes:
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Sc. and LL.M degrees, with a minimum of 4.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA or equivalent 60% score in their academic Master degree programmes. A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of six (6) semesters and a maximum period of ten (10) semesters. Relevant courses will be taken for the Ph.D. full time studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
2. M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree Programmes:
Candidates who score less than 4.0 CGPA or equivalent 60% score in M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/Ph.D.) degree programme. The M.Phil/Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of two (2) semesters and a maximum period of four (4) semesters. Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. To be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. programme, candidates are expected to score not less than 4.00 CGPA at the end of the first session.
3. Master Degree Programmes:
M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. degrees run for a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for full-time candidates; a minimum period of 6 semesters and a maximum period of 8 semesters for part-time candidates. All Master Degree Programmes are by coursework. This is in addition to a research report in form of a Dissertation or Research project. HND with PGDs at upper credit may be acceptable
4. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree and Higher National Diploma (HND) with minimum of lower credit or its equivalents. The Diplomas run for a minimum period of 2 semesters and a maximum period of 4 semesters for full time candidates or a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for part time candidates.
5. General information
The Postgraduate session for Postgraduate programmes is two (2) semesters, commencing in October and ending in September of the following year, starting from the date of first registration.
NSUK Postgraduate Admission Eligibility/Entry Requirements
- All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form, including the National Youth Service Corp DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE OR EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their credentials.
- Transcripts of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of NSUK (Narasawa State University, Keffi) and other recognized Universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate All Candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, before the expiration of the deadline.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate programmes will be subjected to written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained
How to Apply NSUK Postgraduate Admission Form 2020.
Forms are sold online at our website: https://forms.nsuk.edu.ng/apply/. Please, follow all instructions.
Application Form cost N15, 000 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only). This is in addition to the payment of N5,000 only for Screening/ Examination Administration payable using Remita payment platform in any branches of the following banks: Diamond, Eco, First Bank, FCMB, Skye, Keystone, UBA, Unity, Zenith Banks, etc.
Applicant should check the University website for detailed application procedure and further information. Deadline: 31st July, 2020.