Federal University of Lafia FULAFIA Postgraduate Courses: FULAFIA postgraduate courses – The Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS) PGD, M.A/M.Sc and M.Phil/Ph.D. accredited courses.
The management of the Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) has advertised the following postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session admission exercise.
FULAFIA Postgraduate Courses.
- English and Modern Language
- History and International Studies
- Theatre and Media Arts
- Visual and Creative Arts
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- Social Work
Duration of Postgraduate Courses At Federal University, Lafia (FULafia)
The info here contains details of the duration of all available postgraduate programme offered at FULafia under PGD and M.Sc level. Ph.D level, for Masters students, either full time or part time, the expected duration of your programmes can be seen below, same applies to PGD and Ph.D students. This would help a great deal in preparing and planning your schedule of activities within these period.
|Postgraduate Programmes||Duration of Programme|
|Full-time Master’s degree programmePart-Time Masters Degree Programme||4 – 6 Semester
6 – 8 Semesters
|Ph.D Full-Time ProgrammePh.D Part-Time Programme||A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum often (10) semestersA minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of twelve (12) semesters.|
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
Full-Time Diploma Programmes
|Minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four semesters.|
|Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)Part-Time Diploma Programmes||Minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.|
FULafia Postgraduate Admission Requirements For Masters, PGD And Ph.D
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements into our postgraduate programmes:
1.) Post – Graduate Diploma Programme
a) Candidate must be a graduate from FULAFIA or any recognized university with Pass or 3rd Class at the first degree in relevant programme may be admitted, provided the Matriculation and Departmental requirements of Fulafia are satisfied.
b) A holder of a minimum of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
2.) Masters Degree Programme
a) A candidate with a first degree from Federal University, Lafia or any recognized university having a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division may be admitted, provided the University Matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied.
b) Applying candidate with a minimum of Credit in the Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized university will also be considered.
3.) M.Phil / PH.D Programme
a) Candidates must possess a Masters degree from a recognized university with weighted average of 55.0 – 59.9
4.) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programme
a) A candidate with a good Masters degree having a weighted average of not below 60.0 or CGPA of 4.00 on a relative score of 5,00 (NOT Professional Masters) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized university may be admitted provided the University Matriculation and Departments requirements are satisfied.
b) A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.00 or 60.0 weighted average is required for candidates converting from M.Phil to Ph.D.
The above are the admission entry requirements for Masters, PGD and Ph.D seeking for admission at FULAFIA.
List of Postgraduate Courses Offered In FULafia – Federal University, Lafia
- PGD Environmental Resource Management
- M.Sc. Chemistry,
- M.Phil/Ph.D chemistry with special interest in analytical chemistry and physical chemistry
- M.Sc Microbiology
- M.Phil./Ph.D Microbiology with special interest in Biomedical Microbiology
- M.Sc. Zoology
- M.Phil./Ph.D zoology with special interest in Applied Parasitology and Entomology
- PGD in Botany
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Phil./Ph.D. Botany with special interest in Plant Diversity Management, Horticulture and Nursery Management, Plant Breeding and Genetics Ecology
- M.A History and International Studies
- M.Phil./Ph.D History and International Studies with special interest in Economic History, International Studies, Social and Political History.
- M.Sc. Economics
- M.Phil./Ph.D Economics with special interest in Monetary Economics, Public Finance and Policy, International Economics, Developmental Economics
- M.Sc. Sociology with specialization in Demography and Population Studies, Industrial Sociology, Social Anthropology, Rural Sociology, Medical Sociology, Gender Studies, Criminology and Sociology of Law and Sociology of Development
- M.Phil./Ph.D Sociology with specialisation in Medical Sociology, Gender Studies, Criminology and Sociology of Law, Sociology of Development.
- M.Sc. Political Science with specialisation in Political Philosophy/ Theory, Comparative Politics and Political Economy
- M.Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy, Masters in Peace and Conflict Studies (MPCS)
- M.Phil/Ph.D. Political Science with interest in Comparative Politics, Political Economy, Public Administration and Local Government.
Kindly note that the full list of postgraduate courses offered at FULafia, their respective admission requirements and duration for all PG programmes as seen above would go a long way in easing your selection challenge on which postgraduate course to choose.
We hope the above information was helpful to you, as usual, we receive questions from our readers only via our comment area. If you have the need for extra clarification as regards Federal University, Lafia postgraduate courses, kindly send your questions to us by making best use of the comment section below and we shall respond accordingly.
If you are not yet a subscriber to Mediangr.com.ng, kindly do so in order to keep getting fresh and unique contents from FULafia PG school as regards the PG school fees, admission forms, requirements and other relation information.