bp Net Zero Scholarship 2020 to attend One Young World Summit: bp is now accepting applications from young innovators for the Net Zero Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany. The deadline for the submission of applications for the bp Net Zero Scholarship is 24th June, 2020.
The world’s carbon budget is finite and running out fast; at bp we know the world needs a rapid transition to net zero. We all want energy that is reliable and affordable, but that is no longer enough. It must also be cleaner. This will require nothing short of re-imagining energy for people and our planet.
bp has set an ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero. This means dramatically reducing carbon in the company’s operations and production while growing new low carbon businesses, products and services. More details of bp’s ambition can be found here.
As bp heads towards net zero, we are committed to listening to, learning from and working with others. That’s why bp is pleased to support the Net Zero Scholarship, a programme to identify and engage with young innovators who are reimaging energy for people and planet today.
Scholarship recipients will join bp’s delegation to the 2021 One Young World Summit in Munich, where they will meet and exchange ideas with peers from across the business. The scholarship seeks candidates making an impact in one of the following areas:
- Advocating for progressive climate policies;
- Enhancing current decarbonised energy technologies such as solar and wind;
- Improving access to energy;
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries.
READ ALSO: FCSC Recruitment
- Facebook Recruitment
- World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP)
- African Fact-Checking Awards
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment
- Npower Agro Recruitment
- NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates
- INEC Shortlisted Candidates
- Npower Recruitment 2020
bp Net Zero Scholarship Eligibility.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
bp Net Zero Scholarship Benefits.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation between April 21-26, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Access to bespoke bp programming including: pre-Summit briefing, a bp buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
bp Net Zero Scholarship Assessment Criteria.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/ or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritse candidates who are making an impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Enhancing current decarbonised energy technologies such as solar and wind
- Improving access to energy
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries
- Advocating for progressive climate policies
How to Apply bp Net Zero Scholarship Form 2020.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage.
They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.