How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Pick Up: It is possible that your national identity card is ready, but you do not know it. According to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), if you registered for the national ID card a long time ago, then you can check if it is ready online.
How to check if my national identity card is ready
There is now a national identity management system where you can check status of identity card using the following simple steps:
- Visit NIMC center: https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/
- Then click the proceed button
- Now, fill in your first name, last name and your NIMC tracking ID and hit the ‘check now button’
Recently, a NIMC representative described the advantages of the new national identity card. Apart from many other things, it may also be used as an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card anywhere in the world where there is MasterCard logo.
- How to Apply for a Nigerian Visa Online
- How to Apply US Visa & Cost Implication in Nigeria
- Canadian Visitor Visa Information: How to Apply & Requirements
- How to Apply Ireland Student Visa – Cost & Eligibility
- How to Apply Dubai Visa Application in Nigeria & All Requirements
Briefing journalists in Abuja, NIMC’s Director of Technical Services, Mr Emmanuel Ogungbe disclosed the Commission have already signed an agreement with MasterCard.
He explained that, besides being just a Nigerian national ID card, it is also a cash card, so the holder can withdraw money in any place. Moreover, especially within the West African sub-region, it soon would become possible to travel with this card only, passport-free.