Canada Permanent Residency Program for Essential Workers & Graduates The Government of Canada has just announced the new pathway to permanent residency for over 90,000 essential temporary workers and international graduates in Canada. Applications are welcomed from International graduates and essential workers from across the globe.
It is expected that this announcement will help achieve the 2021 Immigration Levels Plan, which will see Canada welcome 401,000 new permanent residents. The skilled newcomers and international graduates welcomed under our plan will help create jobs and drive long-term growth in Canada.
- To be eligible, workers must have at least 1 year of Canadian work experience in a health-care profession or another pre-approved essential occupation.
- International graduates must have completed an eligible Canadian post-secondary program within the last 4 years, and no earlier than January 2017.
- A detailed explanation of all eligibility requirements is available within the public policies.
Canada Permanent Residency Program | Application Streams
Effective May 6, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will begin accepting applications under the following 3 streams:
- 20,000 applications for temporary workers in health care
- 30,000 applications for temporary workers in other selected essential occupations
- 40,000 applications for international students who graduated from a Canadian institution
Application Deadline: The streams will remain open until November 5, 2021, or until they have reached their limit. Up to 90,000 new permanent residents will be admitted under these 3 streams.