UDUSOK Hackathon 2020 – E-Solutions to Campus Insecurity : The Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto, UDUSOK hackathon 2020 – e-solutions are to be developed for a university campus that is wide, un-fenced and entangled in villages and farm lands.
This is to inform you that the UDUSOK Hackathon 2020 – E-Solutions to Campus Insecurity registration form portal https://www.hackathon.udusok.edu.ng/ is now accessible to apply for its 2020 hackathon security challenges.
The Usman Danfodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK) hereby announces a technology hackathon aimed at developing indigenous innovative digital solutions to the security challenges bedevilling university campuses and similar environments in Nigeria. Through this event, the University aims to bring together imaginative individuals who can conceive and develop sophisticated systems from basic digital technologies.
The security challenges include but are not limited to the following categories:
- car/motorcycle and property theft,
- vehicular surveillance, and
- general security of the university community.
The e-solutions are to be developed for a university campus that is wide, unfenced and entangled in villages and farm lands. Note that a proposed e- solution may address more than one of the afore-mentioned categories.
UDUSOK Hackathon Objectives.
The event has the following objectives:
- o leverage on technology talented Nigerians to develop ideas, prototypes and products aimed at solving security problems facing university campuses in Nigeria
- To create indigenous functioning products (or prototypes) combining basic hardware, software and telecommunication by the end of the event.
- To enter into partnership with the best product (or prototype) for a full scale development
How to Apply Apply UDUSOK Hackathon 2020 – E-Solutions to Campus Insecurity.
Individual and teams of a maximum of three (3) persons can apply through the hackathon website: https://www.hackathon.udusok.edu.ng
- All team members must be Nigerians from any part of the Country. There is no age or gender restriction to participating in the hackathon
- As part of the application, candidates are to submit an executive summary clearly stating their identified campus security challenges and their preconceived approach to tackling them. The executive summary should not exceed 1,000 words, and should include the title, aim and objectives, methodology, and expected outcome of the preconceived e-solution. It should be in PDF or MS Word format written with the font style of Times New Roman and font size of 12. It should also include diagrams and images where applicable
- At the application deadline, all applications will be reviewed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Successful candidates are expected to attend the hackathon, bringing along their own personal computers
- During the hackathon, participants will have access to mentors and domain knowledge
- Participants are expected to build a product or prototype of their idea, create a pitch deck for demonstrations, present their results to a panel of judges that will select the winning teams, and prizes will be given.
CLOSING OF APPLICATIONS: Monday, 28th February 2020.
DATE/TIME: The event will run for 24 hours; from 4:00pm, Friday, 20th March, 2020.
VENUE: University Auditorium, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Main Campus, Sokoto, Sokoto Sate.
For further information, please contact 09033760371 and 08036647597