World Bank Group Legal Internship Recruitment 2019/2020 Application Form & How to Apply : The World Bank Group is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the following internship positions listed below on this page.
This is to inform the general public that the World Bank Group Legal Internship Recruitment form is out and online. Are you ready to work with the World Bank Group? Are you searching for world bank group internship recruitment? Do you want to submit your application for world bank group legal internship recruitment application form? If yes, kindly find the world bank legal internship recruitment guide to apply online.
Table of Contents
- 1 World Bank Group Recruitment 2019/2020 Application Form.
- 2 World Bank Group Legal Internship Recruitment Available Job Opportunities 2019.
- 3 How to Apply for
World Bank Group Recruitment 2019/2020 Application Form.
The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
World Bank Group Legal Internship Recruitment Available Job Opportunities 2019.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Apply World Bank Group Legal Internship Program 2019.
The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency (“LEGVPU”) offers highly-motivated law students an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of LEGVPU. The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of both programs is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in LEGVPU. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by LEGVPU as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
Who Are We? And What Do We Do?
- In the context of the World Bank’s broad development agenda, the Legal Vice Presidency provides legal services required by the World Bank and plays an active role in all institutional activities. In addition, LEGVPU helps to ensure that all World Bank’s activities comply with the institutions’ Articles of Agreement, policies and procedures.
- Organizationally, LEGVPU includes geographically-based regional Operational Practice Groups devoted to the legal and policy aspects of World Bank lending operations, as well as Corporate Practice Groups, which provide advice on corporate and development finance, administrative, and institutional matters for the World Bank. For further details around the legal services provided by LEGVPU as well as departmental units please click here.
World Bank Legal Internship Program:
- The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
What would Be your Role?
Interns will likely be involved in a plethora of tasks, as they arise during the term of the Internship Program, such as:
- Conducting a variety of legal assignments under the direction of the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting research on assigned issues, using existing law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches using the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and summarizing findings.
- Conducting comparative legal analyses on a range of issues in a given area, identifying legal and policy issues, researching relevant precedents, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyer(s).
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyer(s).
Can you be a LEGVPU intern?
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you currently enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent program?
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to be a LEGVPU intern. Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Applications from eligible international as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
- Spring Internship Program: Application period commenced on September 1 and ends on September 30 (Proposed internship period is for 10-12 weeks, typically between March and May, depending on prevailing needs). This is an excellent opportunity for students looking to gain professional experiences at the World Bank in the form of externships during the academic year while enrolled in a full-time law program or for those enrolled in part-time and/or evening law programs. According to U.S. Department of Homeland Security rules, students authorized to participate in pre-completion OPT may work part-time (20 hours or less per week) while school is in session.
- Visa: Students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must have valid student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions. The World Bank shall only assist attainment of visa documents for participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in exceptional cases.
- Cost: The World Bank shall not remunerate participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in the form of monetary fees/compensation. Each World Bank Legal Intern must however be remunerated in accordance with World Bank Group policies and standards in the form of (i) monetary fees/compensation paid by the university or other sponsoring organization and acceptable to the Bank; or (ii) academic credit equivalent to the Bank’s fee schedule. Hence, students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must secure appropriate funding sources for the duration of their internships.
- Medical Insurance: World Bank Legal Interns are responsible for their own medical insurance and any cost(s) arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship period and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Selection Process: World Bank Legal Interns shall be selected through a competitive selection process. The World Bank Group is an equal opportunity employer.
- Onboarding: The World Bank Legal Vice Presidency shall organize a brief onboarding session at the beginning of the Summer, Fall, and Spring Internship Program for the incoming cohort.
- Evaluations on Performance: The World Bank shall not provide evaluation on the performance of participants in the World Bank’s Legal Internship Program.
Internship at Country Offices: LEGVPU has limited its internships in the field to offices where a LEGVPU lawyer is present.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2019.
How to Apply for
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click Here to Start Application Online (Doc)
- Please note that applying or partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment at the World Bank upon completion of the Program.
- Please use your Google Account to access the application form.