British Council Future News Worldwide Program 2022: Applications are open for the British Council Future News Worldwide Program 2022. The FNW22 is a 3-day virtual summit bringing together some of the world’s best student journalists.
Participants will join for 3 hours each day to hear from key note speakers, participate in a pitching workshop and network with other young journalists. The session will be repeated later in the day to allow participation from all time zones.
The Theme is Building the skills, support and resilience needed for journalism to meet the challenges of a changed world.
About the Future News Worldwide
Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations; BBC, Google, Reuters, The Herald, The Quint and the UK schools of journalism. Together they identify, train and connect the next generation of global journalists.
The Future News Worlwide annual summit is a central focus of the programme, and brings together 100 young journalists each July to learn from broadcasters, editors and reporters and meet their peers around the globe. Following the conference delegates join the FNW alumni network. In 2022 the summit will be held virtually.
Open to young journalists working in any form of media, who meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Aged 18-25 on July 1, 2022.
- A registered undergraduate or postgraduate student (of any subject), enrolled at a university or higher education institution OR a recent graduate who completed their course after July 1, 2021.
- A native speaker of English OR able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (please note an IELTS qualification is NOT required, your language ability will be assessed via your response to Essay Question 1).
- No previous participation in a Future NEWS or Future News Worldwide event.
- Dedicated to a career in journalism in any form.
- Available to attend all three days of the online conference 12, 13, and 14 July 2022 (3 hours per day).
How to Apply for British Council Future News Worldwide Program.
You will be asked to provide personal information and contact details, then to answer two Essay Questions. You may also provide a link to an online portfolio of work.
They recommend working offline and pasting your answers into the online form – as the form cannot be saved once started.
All answers must be in English.
If you wish to respond in a multimedia format (such as a gallery of images, video or podcast) please upload the file to a hosting site (e.g Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud), set a password and paste both the link and password in the space marked “Q2. Answer”.
Deadline: June 12, 2022