The Maskup Abuja Virtual Competition is a joint initiative of the Abuja Enterprise Agency (AEA), The Colombian Embassy Nigeria, ThreeMPlus Integrated Enterprises Limited, and Vodi Group.
In this article, you will learn how to apply for Maskup Abuja competition through the online portal. Follow the information on this page to complete your registration successfully. More information below.
MaskUp Abuja is designed to be an event where entrepreneurs in the fashion industry from all around the Federal Capital Territory will be given in the opportunity to showcase their creativity by designing up to standard.
Objectives of Maskup Abuja Competition.
- To facilitate innovation in the Creative Sectors
- To facilitate the development of new business models for Fashion Designers.
- To facilitate recovery of the Fashion Industry being one of the most impacted sectors of the economy.
- To facilitate access to Finance for MSMEs
- To build the capacity of businesses on the use of technology to grow their business, business profiling, and undertaking Virtual Pitch.
- To Facilitate business growth and employment creation
- To encourage MSMEs in playing an active role in driving solutions for COVID 19 Pandemic.
How to Apply maskupabuja.com
- Visit www.maskupabuja.com/apply and complete the registration form
- Follow the official accounts for @abujaenterpriseagency @OfficialFCTA @ThreeMPlus @VodiTailors and @ColombiaNigeria
- Upload a pitch Video of máximum 5mints duration.
- Add on Caption Section the RU-CODE, Name of your design and the following hashtags: #maskupabuja #Abuja #FightingCovidTogetherFCT #abujaenterpriseagency
For more information, please kindly read this page
Application Deadline: Registration and Submission: 9th – 16th of May 2020.
Maskup Abuja Competition in the News.
The Abuja Enterprise Agency (AEA) is set to hold the Mask-Up Abuja Challenge to foster innovation and growth in the FCT.
The Mask-Up Abuja Challenge is largely a virtual competition initiated by the Abuja Enterprise Agency to support MSMEs in taking up leading roles in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
A statement by the Public Relations Officer of the agency, Ifeyinwa Amulu, said the challenge is conceived as a platform to revive economic activities in the creative industry specifically the fashion sector to bring about innovative designs of face masks, which is a key component of the government social distancing guidelines.
“Thus, the Mask-Up Abuja Challenge is the agency’s contribution towards bolstering the FCT Administration’s strategy in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic by boosting the production of face mask, creating awareness for the use of face mask and increasing the supply of face mask in the FCT, “she said.
It is open to fashion designers residing in the FCT between the ages of 18 – 45; submission of entries started 7th May and will close on 15th May 2020. The Grand finale will hold on 18th of May 2020 in Abuja, where shortlisted competitors will pitch their ideas to a panel of judges.
The winners of the competition will be provided with cash prizes worth N1 million, 1 month free kiosk stand at choice location, free capacity building and mentorship programme with Vodi Fashion House.
The virtual challenge is expected to create various opportunities for participants such as market linkage, access to grant, workspace, capacity building, credit facility, which will in turn facilitate business and boost employment.