UNIMED Postgraduate Form 2023/2024 and General Requirements: University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo, announces its 2023/2024 postgraduate admissions. Applications are invited for Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate programmes. Applicants should have relevant qualifications, with specific requirements for M.Sc. and Ph.D. courses. The application process is completed online on the university’s portal with all relevant documentation. Application deadline is September 29, 2023.
The School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS), University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo, has begun accepting applications for admission into its Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctorate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. Here is a detailed guide on the admission requirements and application procedure.
UNIMED Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
To be eligible for the M.Sc. degree programme, applicants should be graduates of UNIMED, Ondo, or another university recognized by the UNIMED Senate, and should hold a minimum of a Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant discipline.
Candidates with a Third Class Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) with Upper Credit, along with a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a related discipline may also be considered.
Non-UNIMED graduates may need to satisfy additional departmental requirements for admission via an interview/examination or both.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
PhD applicants should either:
- Hold a Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) degree with a research thesis in any of the areas of specialization listed.
- Hold a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics with a minimum weighted average of 60%.
Like M.Sc. applicants, non-UNIMED graduates may need to satisfy additional departmental requirements for admission via an interview/examination or both.
- Godfrey Okoye University (GOUNI) School Fees Outline 2023/2024
- Apply Shell Graduate Programme 2023 – Nigeria
- Polaris Bank Graduate Intensive Trainee Programme 2023
- JAMB Cut-Off Marks 2023/2024 Admission – Universities, Poly & COE
- SMEDAN Credit Information Portal Login 2023 Loan Application
General Requirements for all UNIMED Postgraduate Programmes:
All interested candidates should complete the application form on the University portal and provide all relevant documents, including certificates of degrees and/or diplomas, academic transcripts, three reference letters, and a 500-word statement of intent in the proposed research area.
All programmes at the University require O’ Level Credit passes in English Language and Mathematics, along with three other credits in relevant subjects. Nigerian citizens must also provide the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption, or exclusion certificate.
Each candidate should request their former institution(s) to forward their official academic transcript(s) directly to the Dean, Postgraduate School. Only candidates whose transcripts are received will be considered for admission.
Read also: 15 Best Side Jobs for Unemployed Graduates
Duration of the Postgraduate Programmes:
The Master’s programmes at UNIMED have a minimum duration of three academic semesters (18 calendar months) and a maximum of five academic semesters. However, some programmes may extend to a minimum of four academic semesters (24 calendar months) and a maximum of six academic semesters.
PhD programmes have a minimum duration of six academic semesters (36 calendar months) and a maximum of eight academic semesters.
How to Apply for UNIMED Postgraduate Admission Form
Eligible candidates should log on to the university website at www.unimed.edu.ng.
Following steps should be taken:
- Click on ‘Admission’
- Click on ‘Postgraduate School’
- Candidates will be directed to https://www.spgs.unimed.edu.ng/
- Click on ‘Student’s Portal’
- On the dropdown list, click on ‘PAYMENT’ to make payment via the online payment system using a VISA or MASTER card. Note that a VERVE card is not allowed.
- After payment, print the payment receipt
- Click on ‘STUDENT’S PORTAL’, and on the dropdown list, choose ‘APPLICATION LOGIN’ – https://www.spgs.unimed.edu.ng/spgslogin.php; your payment Transaction ID is your password.
Completed forms and all relevant documents should be submitted by the 29th September, 2023.
For those seeking to further their education at the postgraduate level, this is a golden opportunity at UNIMED, Ondo. Make sure to prepare all necessary documents and meet all criteria to enhance your chances of gaining admission.