UNILAG African Cluster Centre Fellowship 2020 : The African Cluster Centre at the University of Lagos (Nigeria) is now accepting applications from eligible scholars for its 2020 Visiting Research Fellowship. The deadline for submission of applications for the UNILAG African Cluster Centre Visiting Research Fellowship is 28th February, 2020.
The African Cluster Centre at the University of Lagos (Nigeria) invites scholars working in the field of African Studies to apply for fellowships. Fellows will be in residence for periods ranging from one (1) to three (3) months between June and December, 2020.
The aim of the Fellowship is to expose scholars to a process of reconfiguring African Studies within the African context and realities. The scholarship will make the scholar a Fellow of Lagos African Cluster Centre (ACC), who will be expected to participate in reconfiguring African Studies. This will entail re-examining basic assumptions and querying them with multidisciplinary approaches in order to enhance, uphold and/or dismiss present knowledge about Africans as well as show the “multipleness” in the discourses about Africa.
UNILAG African Cluster Centre Visiting Research Fellowship Benefits.
- Return ticket (economy class).
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation on campus (single room with shared facilities).
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
UNILAG African Cluster Centre Visiting Research Fellowship Eligibility.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have PhD degree by the time of application.
- Have conducted research, as part of the PhD and/or in later projects with a focus on Africa.
- Be actively pursuing academic/research career.
- Be well published in their areas of specialty.
- In accordance with visa regulations, be ready to return to their country of origin and/or residence upon completion of the fellowship.
- Be from University of Bayreuth or based in an African Academic Institution, preferably in any of the African Cluster Centres (ACCs).
UNILAG African Cluster Centre Visiting Research Fellowship Expected Result.
Accepted applicants will be expected to share the output of their collaboration in one of the Lagos ACC’s roundtable sessions, participate in a joint research grant proposal, and publish/collaborate with one Lagos ACC researcher in publishing in a peer-reviewed journal, as a contribution to the Cluster’s Knowledge Lab.
How to Apply UNILAG African Cluster Centre Fellowship 2020.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications must be submitted in English.
The closing date for submission of applications is Friday, February 28, 2020. Successful candidates will be contacted on Monday, March 30, 2020.
Suggestions for Collaboration
Please state the name of the Principal Investigator (PI) at the University of Lagos ACC you would collaborate with during your fellowship. Applicants should be willing to work with a Principal Investigator from Lagos ACC in one of the Research Sections and all research proposals must engage with the Cluster’s core concepts (multiplicity, relationality, reflexivity).
Please state intended research activities during the fellowship, month by month. Please note that research area must be linked to one of the six Research Sections of the Cluster. Plan should state the intended outputs of collaboration (events, publications, etc.).
Please return this form along with the following documents to [email protected]:
- Your CV listing ten relevant publications.
- Two letters of recommendation; one should be from present employer.
- A statement from a Lagos ACC PI stating his/her willingness to collaborate with you.
Please send the complete application package in one email. Incomplete applications or applications by individuals who do not meet the requirements will not be processed. The closing date for submission of applications is Friday, February 28, 2020.