Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at University of Toronto: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto, Canada. The deadline for submission of applications is November 30, 2021.
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
About the University of Toronto.
Established in 1827, the University of Toronto is Canada’s largest university, recognized as a global leader in research and teaching. U of T’s distinguished faculty, institutional record of groundbreaking scholarship and wealth of innovative academic opportunities continually attract outstanding students and academics from around the world. Few other universities offer as great a diversity of programs and resources.
U of T is committed to providing a learning experience which benefits from both a scale almost unparalleled in North America and from the close-knit learning communities made possible through its college system and academic divisions. U of T has 700 undergraduate programs in Humanities & Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical & Mathematical Sciences, Commerce & Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Kinesiology & Physical Education, Music, and Architecture.
Located in and around Toronto, one of the world’s most diverse regions, U of T’s vibrant academic life is defined by a unique degree of cultural diversity in its learning community. The city of Toronto is rated as one of the safest large cities in the world and one of the best places to live — it’s a city that draws the best and the brightest, who come seeking world-class business, culture and education. Toronto hosts more than 30 major festivals and cultural events annually, has the third largest public transit system in North America, and hosts over 8000 hectares of park space. Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area is a place with changing landscapes, welcoming communities and exciting opportunities.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible to apply to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at University of Toronto, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2022 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2022 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at University of Toronto Value
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs.
The University of Toronto has been alerted to fraudulent emails that offer to assist students with applications to our Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program. Please exercise caution when researching scholarship opportunities and assessing communications about our programs. The University of Toronto does not work with recruitment agents or agencies. Students interested in applying for a Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship should follow the instructions on this website and submit their applications directly to the University.
How to Apply for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at University of Toronto
To apply for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at University of Toronto, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at University of Toronto Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2021
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 15, 2021 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2021 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 17, 2022
Please note the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto does not interact with agencies or educational “agents” in order to recruit students or offer scholarships. Please be cautioned against any agents providing false acceptances or requiring fees for unaffiliated third parties. Pearson Scholarship recipients can only be nominated by their current secondary school through our online process and the scholarship is available only to undergraduate degree applicants. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For donor-funded awards, University advancement may share the names, programs and year of study of award recipients with donors. If you have any questions about the University advancement’s collection or use of your personal information, please contact the University’s Stewardship Programs and Services Officer at email@example.com