Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB Scholarship 2021/2022 at University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape: Canon Collins Trust invites applications from current 2nd and 3rd year students (going into their 3rd and 4th year in 2022) studying for an LLB at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape for the Leigh Day LLB Scholarship 2021/2022. They will provide funding for maximum of two years.
Law and human rights have long been within the Trust’s priority areas for awarding scholarships. By investing in future members of South Africa’s legal profession they hope to support a new generation of leaders to develop legal systems which are just and equitable.
Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB Scholarship 2021/2022 at University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape.
This scholarship is generously supported by Leigh Day & Co, a London law firm specialising in personal injury and human rights law.
- Awards will be R40,000 per academic year. Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- They also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to their network.
You must be:
- A current second or third year LLB student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
- A national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- In possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement.
- A 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate of Law student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
How to Apply for Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB Scholarship
The scholarship is now open. The deadline for applications is at 15:00 GMT on October 4, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Deadline: October 4, 2021