Canada: International Student Work Opportunities at University of Western Ontario: University of Western Ontario in Canada is inviting applications from non-citizen international students for the University of Western Ontario ISWOP 2021. The International Student Work Opportunities Program (ISWOP) is an on-campus employment program that allows students to work in various paid part-time jobs.
The program provides international undergraduate students with the opportunity to:
- gain and enhance skills
- obtain work experience in a Canadian context
- engage with the campus community
- enhance their experience of studying and living in Canada
Program Sponsor: University of Western Ontario, Canada
Location: University of Western Ontario (On-Campus)
Education level: Undergraduate Students
Available Slots: 50
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
University of Western Ontario ISWOP 2021 | ELIGIBILITY
To be considered for the International Student Work Opportunities Program (ISWOP), international undergraduate students must meet the program requirements listed below.
- Must be an undergraduate International Student (Canadian citizens, permanent residents, exchange students and graduate international students are not eligible)
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need
- Must have a valid Study Permit
- Must be registered in their program fulltime
- Applicants must be registered on Main Campus (students registered at an affiliate university college are not eligible for ISWOP, but may be eligible for a similar program, scroll to the bottom of this page for details)
- Must have completed at least 2 full semesters of study at Western (i.e., should be in second year or above)
- Must be in good academic standing.
Meeting the eligibility requirements is not a guarantee of employment. Students approved to participate in ISWOP must pursue job postings, compete with other students, meet minimum job requirements, attend interviews and receive an offer of employment to get a job.
The benefits of University of Western International Student Work Opportunities Program (ISWOP) includes the following;
- Gain and enhance skills
- Obtain work experience in a Canadian context
- Engage with the campus community
- Enhance their experience of studying and living in Canada
Compensation and Time Frame
The rate of pay is $14.25 per hour. The maximum allocation for each student is 200 hours. Participants must complete their work hours by April 30th, 2021.
How to Apply for Canada: International Student Work Opportunities at University of Western Ontario
Follow the steps below to apply the University of Western Ontario ISWOP 2021;
- Determine your eligibility: All interested students must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria (see above). Only those applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be considered.
- Complete the ISWOP online application form: The ISWOP Application Form is available on Student Center. To log onto Student Services, you will need your student number and password. Once you have logged on, click on “Financial Assistance” on the bottom right menu and then select ISWOP.
- Photocopy of your current Study Permit.
- Proof of your bank balance from June 1 – present (acceptable documentation include photocopies of actual bank statements or online statements showing ALL banking transactions and how living expenses and tuition are paid. If your bank statements do not show your expenses, please include additional documents (e.g., credit card statements) or explanation of expense items).
Application Deadline: Annually