Aliko Dangote Foundation VDMA Technical Training Programme 2022: The Aliko Dangote Foundation invites applications from suitable candidates for the 2022 Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF) – VDMA Technical Training Programme.
The Program is a collaboration between the Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF), the VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) and Nachwuchsstiftung Maschinenbau which offers high-quality education and training to young Nigerians who seek to acquire skills in Mechanical and Electrical Technology.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF) – VDMA Technical Training Programme
Location: Obajana, Kogi
The ADF-VDMA Technical Training Program is a collaboration between the Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF), the VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) and its foundation of young talents in Mechanical Engineering (Nachwuchsstiftung Maschinenbau). The initiative offers high-quality education and training to young Nigerians who seek to acquire skills in Mechanical and Electrical Technology. The training programme is based on the German model of dual track vocational training.
The newly built-up facility at the Dangote Academy in Obajana provides perfect conditions for technical trainings with modern classrooms, highly-qualified trainers, sophisticated learning tools and state-of-the-art training equipment – mostly provided by German companies. The training centre also functions as a central meeting place and venue for Nigerian and German companies.
- Duration will be a minimum of 18 months.
- Comprises various theoretical and practical trainings as well as exposure to industrial work experience in allied companies.
- Includes continuous assessment processes and appraisals.
The course programme focuses on the disciplines below:
- Short Courses Mechanical Programme
- Short Courses Electrical Programme
- Full Trade Vocational Training Mechanical Programme
It consists of:
- Seven short courses for advanced training which last between 2 and 4 weeks.
- A 30-months professional, dual full trade vocational training course.
Advantages of the Training
- Combines Nigerian requirements with German expertise and technology know-how
- Includes theoretical as well as practical modules at companies
- Instructions by Nigerian educators and trainers trained and qualified in collaboration with German companies
- High-standard facilities with modern equipment, learning tools and appropriate accommodation for the trainees
- Benefit from NWS’ long-standing experiences in industry-ready vocational training
- Access to a lively network of Nigerian and German companies.
The focus areas of the trainings are mechanics, electronics and mechatronics. Companies or individuals active in these areas are invited to use the new training centre for the qualification of their employees. The trainings are open to the following groups:
- School leavers and trainees seeking qualification in the occupational fields of mechanics, electronics and mechatronics
- Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who seek further training as part of their professional activity
- Instructors who seek empowerment to conduct advanced training and courses.
- The training takes place at Dangote Academy, the Dangote Training Centre in Obajana where the partners have built up additional training facilities for the Nigerian-German training project. This state of the art centre is equipped with modern classrooms, computer and technical drawing rooms as well as with electrical, automation, instrumentation and mechanical workshops.
- There are also accommodations for the students, a cafeteria and an administrative wing. Modern leisure facilities are in planning and will round off a pleasant stay on the Dangote Academy Campus.
- Admission age bracket: 16–22 years
- Educational background: 5 credits in O’ Level Sciences
- Possession of one of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB(NTC), NECO (SSCE)
- Applicant must be a graduate of a Technical College.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
How to Apply Aliko Dangote Foundation VDMA Technical Training Programme
To apply for the programme click this link
Advanced Training – Short Courses
Participation in the Advanced Training Short Courses is open to:
• Technical specialists from companies in the manufacturing industry, who receive further training as part of their professional activity
• Instructors who seek empowerment to conduct advanced training and courses
The further training includes specialisation courses for mechanics in the fields of welding and brazing, vulcanisation as well as control technology and maintenance of machines. Industrial mechanics can continue their education in the field of mechanics and assembly.
|Welding and Brazing||• Work on pipes and fittings|
• Production and repair of metal connections using various welding and cutting methods
|Vulcanisation||• Condition check and adjustment of conveyor belts|
• Repair of damaged conveyor belts
|Control Technology and Maintenance of Machines (for foremen)||• Operation and evaluation of control systems|
• Installation of updates
• Maintenance, diagnosis and troubleshooting
|Basics in Mechanics and Assembly||• Commissioning of machines|
• Repair of small- and medium-sized machines
For electricians, specialisation courses are offered in the areas of electrical installations, electrical machines and measurement technology.
|Electrical Installations||• Electrical installation of machines and systems|
• Cabling, checking and commissioning of the systems
|Electrical Machines||• System integration of electrical machines and generators|
• Alignment, synchronization and application of different variants, e.g. Star, triangle, Dahlander, Wendeschütz and Steinmetz
|Measurement Technology||• Knowledge of various electrical measurement methods|
• Recording the characteristics of electronic components
• Troubleshooting in electrical and electronic systems
Dual Vocational Training Full Trade Course
The industrial Mechanical training consists of Basic Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. The Basic Engineering training will last for 18 months after which exceptional candidates will proceed to the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering training for an additional 12 months.
It comprises various theoretical and practical trainings as well as exposure to industrial work experience in various plants of the Dangote Group and Industry Partners in Nigeria. Additionally, it includes continuous assessment processes and appraisals.
|Industrial Mechanic Training||• Basics|
• Basic Engineering
- Candidates can only submit a single application.
- Only electronic applications will be considered.
- Kindly ensure that email addresses and phone numbers are active and valid.
- Admission is subject to passing an aptitude test and oral interview.
- Trainees are not Dangote employees and the training is not a pre-employment programme.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Application is FREE!
- All enquiries relating to the Technical Training Programme should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA.
The Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA partnership involves the collaboration between the Aliko Dangote Foundation, the VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) and its Foundation for Young Talent in Mechanical Engineering (Nachwuchsstiftung Maschinenbau gGmbH – NWS).
The idea of establishing a shared Vocational Skills Training Programme arose from a shared vision about addressing the serious deficit in vocational skills required in the manufacturing sector in Nigeria. These organizations have both been involved in promoting dual track technical and vocational training and education for many years.
In addition to that, the enhancement of the Nigerian-German relationship between companies and related institutions is another key matter of importance. The training centre at the Dangote Academy provides a unique opportunity for an institutionalized get-together and experience exchange.
Dangote Academy / Dangote.Academy@dangote.com / +234 815 209 3115
VDMA Initiative, Skilled Workers for Africa / Norbert.Voelker@vdma.org / +496 966 03 1650