OeNB Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2020: The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) is now accepting applications from outstanding researchers for its 2020 Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship. The deadline for the submission of applications for the OeNB Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship is 31st October, 2020.
This Scholarship gives outstanding researchers the opportunity to contribute to the broad range of research activities at the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department by providing consultancy services.
The Scholarship program targets Austrian and international experts with a proven research record in economics and finance as well as postdoctoral research experience who are in active employment with an Austrian or non-Austrian research institution and interested in contributing to international research mobility, broadening their research experience and expanding their personal research networks.
The program’s central goal is to provide a framework for facilitating sustainable networking and cooperation in research between Austrian and international experts on the one hand and OeNB staff on the other, which can be maintained also beyond the terms of the individual Scholarships. Given the OeNB’s strategic research focus on Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe, the analysis of economic developments in this region shall be a key field of research in this context.
1. Eligible candidates must have completed a PhD or hold an equivalent degree and published work and done scientific research in the fields defined in the call for Scholarship applications. Applicants can be of any nationality and there is no age limit.
2. Only applications submitted by natural persons will be accepted. It is not possible to apply for more than one scholarship under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program.
3. Eligible candidates shall be acknowledged experts with a proven track record in economic research and shall be well integrated in their research community.
4. Applicants must provide proof of active employment with a research institution at the time of their application and for the period for which the Scholarship is granted.
5. Applicants who have received a Scholarship under the program will not be able to re-apply. Neither shall applications for renewal be accepted.
6. Employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) are not eligible for Scholarships. These employees may consider the options available under the ESCB’s External Working Experience (EWE) scheme or the Schuman Programme.
OeNB Klaus Liebscher Scholarship Benefits.
Each Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee subject to the scope of the consultancy service. The fee must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the Scholarship (net of value-added tax).
This fee shall satisfy all claims of the scholarship recipient toward the OeNB. If the consultancy services are subject to value-added tax, the consultancy fee will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%).
How to Apply OeNB Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2020.
Applicants must provide the following documents and information:
- A letter of motivation, including an indication of the time period envisaged for the consultancy;
- A detailed consultancy proposal;
- A description of current research topics and activities;
- An academic curriculum vitae;
- An up-to-date list of publications (or an extract therefrom);
- The names of two references that the OeNB may contact to obtain further information about the applicant;
- Evidence of basic income (employment contract with the applicant’s home institution) during the term of the Scholarship, i.e. the consultancy period at the OeNB;
- Written confirmation by the home institution that the Scholarship, i.e. the provision of consultancy services by the applicant, is not in violation of the applicant’s employment contract with the home institution.
Applications should be e-mailed to [email protected].