Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals 2022 (Fully-Funded): Do you have ambition to become a leader within your field of expertise, contributing to a global sustainable development? Then you might want to read more. Global Professionals is a highly sought after, fully-funded international scholarship programme for master’s level studies in Sweden.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals is a highly sought after, fully-funded international scholarship programme for master’s level studies in Sweden. International students from about 43 countries are given the opportunity to apply for the scholarships to study in Sweden.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions. In 2022 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The programme is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. Applicants should also have a clear idea of how the study programme in Sweden would benefit their home country or region. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience. Find out more under Criteria.
Eligibility Criteria | Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals will be awarded based on the following eligibility conditions;
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the 7th of April 2022.
- Work experience: You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- Leadership experience: You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
- Master’s programmes: The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- Full tuition fee coverage paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 10,000to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Travel grant of up to SEK 15,000 for the entire study period depending on your country of origin
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
How to Apply for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals.
Application for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals starts with application for a master’s programme at a Swedish University and then application for application for a Global Professionals scholarship for final evaluation and consideration.
A complete application consists of:
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Note! Your application will be disqualified if any of the above is missing.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
You must use SI’s form for CV 2022/2023 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which of your previous experiences are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered during the evaluation.
Letters of reference
You must use SI’s form for the letter of reference 2022/2023. All letters of reference must be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or notary office. The letters should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped and uploaded as a single PDF-file.
- Two different letters of reference are mandatory.
- One of the letters must be based on work experience (mandatory). It is also a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organisations outside of your regular work.
Proof of work and leadership experience
You must use SI’s form for proof of work and leadership experience 2022/2023. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped, and uploaded as a single PDF-file.
Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
You must submit a copy of your valid passport/National ID card with the application. It must clearly show your personal data, including your name, citizenship and photograph. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your passport/National ID card that is valid at the time of application. You will be asked to upload the passport copy in the online application portal.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals Application Deadline.
- Admission Application: 18 Oct 2021 – 17 Jan 2022
- Scholarship Application: 10 Feb 2022 – 28 Feb 2022