Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship at University of Essex 2022: If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,500, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
Interested Africans are currently invited from to apply for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2022/23 to Study in UK. The Africa scholarship programme is for African students who wish to further their degree to Masters level in UK and wish to choose the university as their study destination.
- 1 Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship at University of Essex 2022.
- 2 Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship Eligibility
- 3 How to apply Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship at University of Essex 2022.
Level: Postgraduate taught
Year of entry: 2022-2023
Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship Eligibility
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded*.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) in an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
- CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- CGPA 3/5 or above
Other member states of the African Union
- 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria).
You will also be considered for this award if you are ordinarily resident in Africa and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
How to apply Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship at University of Essex 2022.
These scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered.
The University will use official transcripts and certificates, submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved, and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships
These scholarships will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University. Payment cannot be offset against a tuition fee deposit if one is required.
Please read the full terms and conditions for your entry year before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary. They contain important information about eligibility, how you’ll receive your funding and whether this award can be combined with others or not.
If you’re a current student looking for information about an award you received, see our terms and conditions for previous years.