AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science 2020: The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is now accepting applications from interested female scientists for its 2020 Fellowship Program. The deadline for the submission of applications for the AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science is 30th June 2020.
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is pleased to invite interested female scientists to apply for the third round of the AIMS-NEI Fellowships for Women in Climate Change Science (WiCCS) 2020.
RELATED: Emeraldscape EnvDev Essay Writing Competition 2020 & How to Apply
Table of Contents
AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science 2020.
Climate change – including global warming – poses significant threats to humanity. Documented impacts of global warming include an increased frequency and severity of heatwaves across the globe and frequent droughts, both of which exacerbate food insecurity and health problems in many parts of the world, particularly in Africa.
The AIMS-NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science (WiCCS) seeks to increase women’s participation in, and contribution to, to a more sustainable societal response to climate change.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- In possession before the fellowship start date of a doctorate in a quantitative discipline, including but not limited to applied mathematics, climatology, physics, computational chemistry, statistical ecology, computer science, theoretical biology, and engineering;
- Currently employed, on either a permanent or a temporary basis, in a non-profit work environment, including government;
- Actively engaged in research, policy, and/or practice relevant to climate change modeling, mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience among others; and
- The lead and/or senior author of at least one refereed publication on a topic relevant to climate change modeling, the causative factors of climate change, climate change mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience, etc.
Benefits of this Program.
The fellowship is worth up to USD 35,000. The exact amount of the fellowship will be specified at the time of the award.
How to Apply AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science.
The following supporting documents are required:
- Completed personal details form, including a detailed budget for all non-project-related activities;
- A completed project proposal form, including a detailed budget for all project-related activities;
- A curriculum vitae; and
- An electronic copy of a representative publication in climate change modeling, its causes, climate change mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience in which the applicant is the lead and/or senior author.
Supporting documents should be saved as a pdf in the format: “name of the research program_type of_document_ AIMSentity/centre_monthyear of applying_first and last name of the applicant.” For instance, “MS4CR fellowship_application form_AIMS-NEI_Apr2020_SarahJake”.
Applicants should request that three confidential letters of support be emailed to email@example.com, using as subject “MS4CR fellowship application support letter-first and last name of applicant” by the application deadline.
Two of these letters should come from the applicant’s immediate supervisor at her home institution and the named collaborator at her proposed host institution. At least one letter should come from a referee who is qualified to assess the applicant’s experience in climate change research, practice, and/or policy. You should share with your referees a copy of the ‘Terms of Reference for Fellows’ and the ‘Instructions for Referees’ document.