Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2020/2021 – Fully Funded : Government of Brunei is now accepting applications from international students for its 2020/2021 Scholarship (Postgraduate Master’s Degree, Undergraduate and Diploma programmes). The deadline for submission of applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is 14th February, 2020.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The academic year commences July/August 2020.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Benefits.
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Requirements.
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2020.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED AND ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the following websites:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali– www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei– www.utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei – www.pb.edu.bn
* only programmes offered under BDGS Scholarship as per advertisement for Academic Year 2021/2022.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
The general terms and conditions are as follows:
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This scholarship may be terminated or revoked immediately should the scholarship recipient be found holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior written approval of the Ministry.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient is required to:
- conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship;
- abide by the rules and regulations of his University/ Polytechnic;
- respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam;
- obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam;
- refrain from engaging in political activities;
- undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affair.
Upon completion of the programme, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
How to Apply for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2020/2021.
Apply here: https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/
Application forms can be downloaded here.
Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: [email protected]. (NOTE: Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
Please take note, all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application.
Technical Assistance Division
Department of Administration
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Bandar Seri Begawan BD2710
E-mail: [email protected]