Global Landscapes Forum Logo Competition 2020 For Young People: Are you a young creative with a passion for the environment? YIL and GLF are calling young people to action, to design the new logo for Generation Restoration, a youth-led, youth-centered initiative that will run throughout the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030).
A program by Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates (young people) to participate in the ongoing Logo Competition 2020. See the application details below.
- JAMB CAPS Mobile App Reinforced To Ease Admission Process
- NABTEB 2020 May/June Registration Form & How to Register Online
- JAMB To Announce 2020 Official Cut-off Mark After Policy Meeting
- Easter Holiday 2020: FG Declares Friday & Monday Public Holidays
- McKinsey Women Achievement Award 2020
- Sheamoisture Fund 2020 Supporting Small Minority & Women of Color Businesses
- IDEX Fellowship Program in Social Enterprise 2020/2021
- EBSU Matriculation Ceremony Date 2019/2020 Academic Session
- Bells University DE Special Admission List 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Landmark University Post UTME Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Anchor University Post UTME / DE Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
What is Generation Restoration?
Imagine young people cleaning up beaches in Brazil; planting trees on a mountain slope in Uganda; and helping bring back bees to urban cityscapes in the United States. Now imagine all of those people coming together. Imagine them all healing their landscapes, collaborating, exchanging knowledge and skills, and inspiring others to do the same. That’s what Generation Restoration is about.
What is the Decade on Ecosystem Restoration?
It’s a massive global call-to-action, which the United Nations has issued to mobilize political and financial support to restore the world’s degraded and deforested ecosystems. Over the course of the Decade, over two billion hectares — an area larger than the South American continent — stand to be restored, which would make a huge impact on our efforts to keep carbon emissions in check, and contribute to the well-being of an estimated 3.2 billion people across the globe.
Global Landscapes Forum Logo Competition Prize
The winner will receive 500 euros and the opportunity to showcase their design during the June Global Landscapes Forum Digital Summit, broadcast from Bonn, Germany, as well as the chance to work with the Generation Restoration team in the lead up to the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
Global Landscapes Forum Logo Competition Eligibility
To enter, you must be under the age of 35 and enrolled in a design program or be familiar with design tools (ie. Adobe Illustrator).
- Your entry must be in .jpeg format
- The logo must use RGB colours
- The image must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- The image must use the color code: #66B65D
As you develop your logo, please take inspiration from our existing GLF branding. Here are some examples of different ways that GLF uses its logo:
Selection and winner
All entries will be reviewed by a panel including design experts, the YIL Steering Committee and the Managing Director of the Global Landscapes Forum. The panel will make their decision based on the appropriateness, effectiveness, and aesthetics of the entries they receive.
The winning design and designer will be announced live during the Youth in Landscapes Climate Forum at the GLF Bonn 2020 Digital Summit. Don’t forget to tune in!
How to Apply Global Landscapes Forum Logo Competition 2020 For Young People.
To submit your entry – and take your chance to be the name behind the logo of this incredible global youth program.
- We acknowledge all submissions but will contact only the selected candidate. The panel’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- YIL and GLF reserve the right not to select a winner, if no entries that they deem suitable are received.
- YIL and GLF reserve the right to use, edit or modify the final version of the winning logo, although the winner will remain the official designer.
- All entries will go through a copyright check to ensure their validity and originality.
The deadline for applications is the 9th of May 2020