Schmidt Science Fellows Program 2021 for Early Career Scientists: Applications are welcomed from early-career scientists for a year-long postdoctoral fellowship placement to tackle the challenges facing humanity using cutting edge technology and innovations.
The Fellows program provides the world’s best emerging scientists with new skills and perspectives to develop novel solutions to society’s challenges, become scientific and societal thought leaders, and accelerate ground-breaking discoveries.
- NDA Application Form 2021/2022 – 73rd Regular Course Admission
- AA RANO Foundation Scholarship 2021 for Kano Indigenes
- Jedidiah Air Limited (JedAir) Recruitment 2021/2022 & How to Apply
- Jamb Result Checker 2021 Portal Login – Check JAMB UTME Result
Schmidt Science Fellows undertake one year’s postdoctoral placement after successfully completing his or her PhD in the natural sciences, computing, engineering or mathematics. Fellow’s placements will represent a significant disciplinary pivot from their PhD topic and are central to the program’s aim to foster greater interdisciplinarity. Each fellow will receive a stipend of $100,000 a year to support their personal and living costs for the duration of the fellowship.
To apply for the Schmidt Science Fellows Program 2021, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- Must have completed a PhD in the natural sciences, computing, engineering or mathematics.
- Possess a collaborative spirit with the experience and desire to work with diverse teams and across scientific disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment and character to engage with society and global challenges to making a lasting difference in the world.
- Must possess a strong track record of scientific achievement from their PhD studies, combined with a clear intellectual curiosity and desire to drive future discoveries.
- Be the brightest minds in the natural sciences, mathematics, engineering and computing who are interested in broadening their horizons.
How to Apply for Schmidt Science Fellows Program 2021
Applicants who are interested and meets the eligibility criteria for the Schmidt Science Fellows Program 2021 are to note that applicants must be nominated by a designated senior executive at a leading academic institution invited to nominate for the fellowship and where the individual has pursued a PhD in an applicable field of the Natural Sciences (including Chemistry, Biology and Neurobiology, Physics, Astronomy, and Earth Sciences), Engineering, Mathematics and Computing.
Individuals nominated by these institutions are then sent an invitation with the necessary log-in credentials to apply for the program.
Application Deadline: 1st July 2021