Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship 2021 at ITC Geneva: The Mo Ibrahim Foundation is now accepting applications from eligible Africans for its 2021 Leadership Fellowship at the International Trade Center in Geneva, Switzerland. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship at International Trade Center in Geneva is 14th October 2020.
The Ibrahim Scholarships support aspiring African leaders at a number of distinguished academic institutions. The scholarships develop the talent of outstanding young Africans in selected disciplines.
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders. Through this annual fellowship programme, they seek to deepen and broaden their growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa.
Eligibility & Responsibilities.
- Applicants must hold African nationality;
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be under 45 years of age);
- Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or related area;
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience;
- Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular French or Spanish is an asset.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade related development assistance (TRTA);
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multicultural backgrounds.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Adviser to the Executive Director the successful Fellow will:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategic assignments related to trade development including private sector issues and specific challenges of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
- Carry out applicable research as required;
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategies for effective Public-PrivatePartnerships (PPPs) and generation of resources;
- Participate in high-level discussions and preparation of applicable briefing notes and working documentation as required;
- Undertake other duties as assigned and required.
- The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of the ITC in Geneva;
- Annual stipend of $100,000.
How to Apply Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship at International Trade Center in Geneva.
Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.