Landecker Democracy Fellowship for Changemakers 2022: The Landecker Democracy Fellowship annually supports diverse changemakers in unpacking and addressing historic and contemporary systems of inequity.
The 2022/23 cohort brings together 30 Fellows to realize project ideas that tackle some of the democratic challenges and opportunities of our digital age.
The goal for this Fellowship is to build a new generation of leaders who shape democracy and community-building through their approaches to political and societal challenges.
They support them in their efforts to bring about societal change and to strengthen democracy. The Fellows plan, design, and implement civic engagement projects in public spaces both on- and offline, in local, national, regional, or international settings.
READ ALSO: African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship 2022 (up to $5,000)
Table of Contents
Landecker Democracy Fellowship for Changemakers 2022.
- A Fellowship stipend of 10,000 Euro, to be paid out monthly over 12 months;
- A project seed funding grant of up to 5,000 Euro for the implementation of the Fellow’s project idea;
- The participation in all virtual training sessions as well as additional skill-building and training opportunities;
- The participation in a six-day in-person Action Academy (April 2023);
- Costs for travel and accommodation for the offline Action Academy;
- Guidance and coaching in developing and executing the project idea and its activities;
- Upon completion of the Fellowship, participation in a global network of leaders poised to contribute to civic society and exposure to opportunities provided by other Humanity in Action programming, such as professional fellowships, grant competitions, study trips, international conferences, leadership roles and speaking engagements. The Landecker Fellows will form a unique alumni community within the larger Humanity in Action network and maintain strong ties to the Alfred Landecker Foundation and their alumni from other programs.
RELATED: Maltina Teacher of the Year 2022 Application Form | 8th Edition
- Applicants should be born in or after 1980;
- Based in the European Union, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, or the United States (independent of citizenship);
- Professional work experience of at least 5 years;
- Demonstrated leadership experience;
- A record of political and/or civic engagement, community activism, or social entrepreneurship;
- Strong communication skills, cultural fluency, and humility.
How to Apply for Landecker Democracy Fellowship
The upcoming Landecker Democracy Fellowship will take place from November 20, 2022 to November 19, 2023.
Applications can be submitted through the online form until July 17, 2022.
Deadline: July 17, 2022