Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022-2023 (Fully Funded to USA): Are you a professional in your field? Would you like give your career a boost? The take the chance to apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, fully funded to the United States. U.S. Mission Uganda is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 edition of the program.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a ten-month program of non-degree study and related professional experiences. The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between U.S. citizens and their professional counterparts from Uganda.
Successful applicants for this program will be mid-career professionals working at the policy level who have a record of leadership and a commitment to public service. Fellows are based at leading U.S. universities for ten months (August 2022 – June 2023) to pursue self-designed programs that include independent study, coursework, and an internship with an organization in their field of expertise.
Applicants for the Humphrey Fellowship must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Have five (5) years of substantial professional experience in their field;
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service;
- Be fluent in English
Human and Institutional Capacity:
- Economic Development
- Finance & Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms:
- Communications and Journalism
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy & Prevention
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV&AIDS, Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention (see 4b)
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- The Humphrey Fellowship provides:
- Round-trip economy international travel for the grantee;
- A monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities;
- Tuition and university fees;
- Limited accident and sickness insurance for the grantee only.
How to Apply for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022/2023.
The application form is available at https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey. Completed applications should be submitted online no later than the deadline. Applications must detail the specific coursework, independent research, and internship intentions of the applicant and how they fit in to his/her professional goals.
- Application Documents: Copies of certificates, transcripts and letters of recommendation should be uploaded onto each applicant’s online application.
- Information: Only final nominees will be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021