AAUW International Fellowships 2024 & How to Apply: American Association of University Women (AAUW) is now accepting applications from scholars who identify as women for its 2024 International Fellowships. The deadline for the submission of applications for the AAUW International Fellowships is 15th November 2024.
The International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported. Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls. Fellowship recipients return to their home countries to become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, the arts or scientific fields.
AAUW International Fellowships Eligibility.
1. Open to scholars who identify as women, in all fields of study;
2. Applicants must have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
3. Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2024.
4. Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
5. Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
6. Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid ETS TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score or other acceptable verification.
7. Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2024, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. Fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their acceptance materials.
8. Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
9. Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
10. Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2024; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
11. Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
12. A limited number of awards are available to Graduate Women International members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
13. Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program, but must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
AAUW International Fellowships Benefits.
- Master’s/first professional degree: $18,000
- Doctoral: $20,000
- Postdoctoral: $30,000
International Fellowship funds are available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10% of the fellowship.
How to Apply AAUW International Fellowships 2024.
Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents is November 15, 2024.
Follow us on Twitter @mediangr for more updates.