Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Program 2021: The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) is now accepting applications from small business owners for its 2021 Entrepreneurship Training Program. The deadline for the submission of applications for the Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program is August 1, 2021.
Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) 2021 Entrepreneurship Training Program is calling for applications – Are you a business owner, hoping to get equipped with the skills and competencies needed to run a successful business in Nigeria? Apply for the Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Program 2021.
- 1 Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Program 2021.
- 2 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program Eligibility
- 3 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program Process Flow
- 4 DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program Selection Criteria
- 5 How to Apply for Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program
The program will be targeted at equipping Nigerian entrepreneurs with the requisite business knowledge and skills that will help their businesses thrive in the new normal, while also helping them sustain a competitive advantage within their relative industries.
The program will comprise of 2 stages and will be implemented over a 3-month period in collaboration with Google Nigeria, Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) and Wider Perspective Limited (WPL). In addition to providing funding and risk-sharing facilities to MSMEs and Small Corporates through participating financial institutions, the Development Bank of Nigeria is expected to build the Capacity of the Nigerian MSME to enable them eligible to access credit.
This proposed strategy is to ensure that DBN builds a quality and sustainable Capacity Building Program that meets the below objectives:
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access available credit
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets
- Acknowledgement and opening and closing.
DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program Eligibility
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above.
- Business Owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The Business must be based and registered with the CAC in Nigeria.
- The Business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicants must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program Process Flow
- A self-paced fundamental of Digital Marketing course for pre-selected 1000 entrepreneurs available for a 1- month period (Aug 16 – September 10)
- The first 250 MSMEs who complete the self-paced fundamental course will be invited to join the live instructor-led webinar sessions with Google Nigeria, after which the best 200 MSMEs who attend the live webinar session will be invited to the face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja.
- The curriculum will be tailored to the needs of the selected 200 MSMEs upon the completion of a needs-based analysis.
- Shortlisted MSMEs will all be eligible to attend the pitching session of this training to access some funding available.
- All successful MSMEs who attend the face-to-face training will receive a certificate of completion.
DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program Selection Criteria
- Bankability – Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability – Demonstrates potential for growth of the business to create jobs.
How to Apply for Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program
All applicants must complete an application form by providing all requested information. Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.