UI Teaching and Research Assistantship Award Competition 2021/2022: University of Ibadan (UI) is calling for entries from interested doctoral Scholars based in the University for its 2021/2022 Teaching and Research Assistantship Award Competition. The deadline for the submission of entries for the UI Teaching and Research Assistantship Award Competition is February 18, 2022.
The Postgraduate College, University of Ibadan is pleased to announce its 2021/2022 Teaching and Research Assistantship Award Competition and to invite interested doctoral Scholars based in the University of Ibadan to submit applications for consideration for an award.
READ ALSO: University of Edinburgh MBA Scholarships 2022/2023
Table of Contents
UI Teaching and Research Assistantship Award Competition 2021/2022.
The Postgraduate College Teaching and Research Assistantship Award is designed to promote and reinforce a culture of academic excellence among doctoral Scholars at the University of Ibadan. It is particularly targeted at scholars who are carrying out advanced research in any academic discipline within the University of Ibadan. Through the scheme, support is offered to scholars already pursuing doctoral degree programmes to acquire basic skills in teaching and research, the expectation being that this will contribute immensely to the pedagogical and research skills of the awardees.
The award carries a monthly stipend subject to review by the Postgraduate College from time to time. Each recipient, to be designated as the “Postgraduate College Teaching and Research Assistant”, will be required to give formal service to his/her Department/Institute as Teaching Assistants or Demonstrators. The Postgraduate College may also require the services of the awardees on special occasions. The Assistantship will be awarded to cover a period of one academic session, in the first instance, renewable for two academic sessions, subject to the positive evaluation of about 2,500 words long project summary, and a progress report from the supervisor, endorsed by the Head of Department, at the end of each academic session.
UI Teaching and Research Assistantship Award Competition Eligibility
- To be eligible, candidates are expected to be holders of good honours degrees (minimum of Second Class Lower division or equivalent) of any University recognised by the Senate of the University of Ibadan, and Master degrees of the University of Ibadan (minimum of 5.0 cumulative grade point average) in any academic discipline.
- Candidates who have accumulated some teaching/research experience may be given special consideration for the award.
- All applicants are required to be registered full-time doctoral students of the University of Ibadan in the 2021/2022 session.
How to Apply for UI Teaching and Research Assistantship Award Competition.
Candidates wishing to be considered for the award of a Teaching/Research Assistantship are requested to submit the following documents:
- An Application form is obtainable from the website of Postgraduate College (https://pgcollege.ui.edu.ng), duly completed by the applicant and endorsed by the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (5copies).
- Copies of certificates obtained by candidates.
- Evidence of Registration for the 2020/2021 Session. (Please note that proof of registration for the 2021/2022 session MUST be provided before a letter of award to any successful applicant).
- Research Proposal/Project Summary of between 5 and 10 pages which should provide a clear statement of the objective of the work to be carried out or that is already being undertaken, its justification, the significance of the study vis-à-vis the existing literature, the methodology, and the expected output. Candidates are strongly encouraged to indicate the original contributions which they hope their study will make to knowledge.
The Proposal should be typed with 1.5 line spacing using Times New Roman with font size 12. Size of the paper in typescript should be A4 with a margin of 3.7cm to be left on the left hand side and 1.8cm for other margins except the top of the first page of the proposal, which should be 5.0cm above the headings. Only one side of the paper should be used. Applicants are to submit 3 copies of their research proposal.
- Candidate’s Commitment Letter: A one-page letter from the applicant affirming his/her readiness to submit a report of between 5,000 and 10,000 words as the outcome of the research carried out with the Teaching/Research Assistantship.
Selection Process: All applications received will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a selection interview.
Deadline for the Receipt of Applications: All applications should be received in the Provost’s Office, The Postgraduate College within six weeks from the date of this announcement (10/01/2022 – 18/02/2022).