GLF-YIL African Youth Storytelling Contest 2022: Applications are invited for the GLF/YIL African Youth Storytelling Contest 2022.
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) are hosting The Stories of Africa, a youth storytelling contest that aims to amplify critical voices from across the African continent.
They are looking for perspectives from Indigenous Peoples, local communities, pastoralists, women leaders, farmers, and community leaders on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Food systems and livelihoods
- Land tenure and rights
- Land degradation and restoration
- Youth initiatives
- Women’s leadership
- The three best stories will receive prizes of EUR 500, 300 and 200 respectively.
- GlF will also be showcasing the best 10 to 15 stories and announcing the winner stories at the GLF Africa Digital Conference 2022 on 15 September 2022, which will be attended by thousands and reach millions via social media and the press.
2022 GLF-YIL African Youth Storytelling Contest Eligibility
The contest is open to anyone between the ages of 18 and 35 who:
- Was born in Africa and lives there;
- Or belongs to the African diaspora but has strong ties with the continent;
- Or works closely with Indigenous Peoples and local communities in Africa;
- Or has a strong interest in amplifying the voices of African youth.
How to Participate in the GLF-YIL African Youth Storytelling Contest 2022
Address the following questions in your story:
- Why is the topic you are presenting important and relevant to your community?
- What are the biggest challenges to your culture or community in relation to this topic?
- What are the opportunities for your community in relation to this topic?
- Are you currently working on a project or initiative relevant to this topic? If so, briefly explain or show it!
- You can submit videos of any length and format: short films, interviews, documentaries – anything you like!
- You can also submit audio stories in the form of a podcast.
- Poems, songs or any other forms of art may also be included in your application.
- Include a photo of yourself and your landscape in the application.
- In case you want to send your video or audio in French or an Indigenous language, please also provide a transcript in English.
Remember to include the following in your story (e.g. at the beginning or end of the video or audio):
- Your full name;
- Your municipality and country;
- The name of your community (if applicable)
Deadline: August 14, 2022.