Elsevier-ISES Renewable Transformation Challenge 2021 (€20,000 prize): Do you have an innovative proposal which contributes to the goal of transitioning to 100% renewable energy? Submit your application to the Elsevier-ISES Renewable Transformation Challenge 2021 for a chance to win €20,000.
The objective of the Elsevier-ISES Renewable Transformation Challenge is to recognize and honor outstanding work encouraging progress towards a world powered by renewable energy and with accessible energy for all. This objective is consistent with the vision of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES), which is for a world powered by 100% renewable energy used efficiently and wisely and accessible for all.
- There is a €20,000 prize for the first place entry. The winner, or one representative of the winning team, will be announced in October at the ISES World Congress 2021 at the online awards ceremony.
- The winner, or one representative of the winning team, will receive one Gold membership to the Society.
Elsevier-ISES Renewable Transformation Challenge Eligibility
- Applications for the Challenge are invited from
- Organizations who can demonstrate that they have established successful projects, innovative technologies, financing schemes, policy initiatives, or renewable energy programs, or from
- Institutions that have undertaken research and analyses and identified solutions that demonstrate how this goal is being met.
- For the 2021 prize, the Judges and Jury are particularly interested in applications which demonstrate applicability, impact, sustainability and scalability in how they support a green recovery from COVID-19 at local, regional or global scales. However, applications that do not directly address this topic will still be considered.
- Innovative ideas will be given preference over incremental improvement projects.
- The Challenge is not a funding body and applications still in conceptual stage with little supporting evidence of viability are unlikely to proceed past the first evaluation phase.
- Details of how the application supports the renewable energy transformation must be very clear.
A panel of international scientific experts, jurors, will review the applications, and the top ten will be put forward to Elsevier-ISES awards’ judging committee for the selection of the winning proposal. The judges will evaluate the applications based on the following evaluation criteria:
- Clearly demonstrates that the application supports a transformation to 100% renewable energy;
- Be replicable, scalable and sustainable;
- Set a benchmark for innovation – new ideas or concepts will be given preference over incremental improvement projects;
- Have practical applicability and a clear demonstration of impact; e.g. does it consider a feasible implementation plan?
- Be suitable for application in developing countries; consider the project’s social impact on local communities.
How to Apply for Elsevier-ISES Renewable Transformation Challenge
Submit your proposal by September 12, 2021. Send any queries you may have about the Challenge or your Application to email@example.com
Deadline: September 12, 2021