YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Online Program 2021: Applications are invited from interested applicants for the YALI Regional Leadership Center Emerging Leaders Program for young African leaders.
Competition for the Emerging Leaders Program is a merit-based program and open to young and vibrant African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Centers (RLCs) are located at higher institutions in sub-Saharan Africa and offer leadership training programs to young leaders between the ages of 18 and 35.
The emerging leaders program at the YALI Regional Leadership Centers provides in-person and online training, networking and professional development opportunities as well a place for regional collaboration driven by young leaders. The RLCs are a project of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in close partnership with the MasterCard Foundation and other private sector partners.
There are four Regional Leadership Center offering training throughout the year. The regional centers are:
- East Africa Regional Leadership Center at the Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya which serves Burundi, Central Africa Republic, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Southern Africa Regional Leadership Center at the University of South Africa (UNISA) School of Business Leadership (SBL), near Pretoria, South Africa which serves Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- West Africa Regional Leadership Center at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Accra, Ghana which serves Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leaon, Togo.
- West Africa Regional Leadership Center at the Centre Africain d’Etudes Superieures en Gestion (CESAG), Dakar, Senegal which serves Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Niger, Republic of Congo, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo.
YALI Regional Leadership Center Emerging Leaders Program Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the YALI Regional Leadership Center Emerging Leaders Program 2021/2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 to 35 years of age at the time of submission of application.
- Are citizens and residents of an African country listed in any of the regional leadership centers.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to the country hosting the leadership center.
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking the language of instruction at the regional centers.
How to Apply for YALI Regional Leadership Center Emerging Leaders Program 2021/202.
Interested applicants for the YALI Regional Leadership Center Emerging Leaders Program 2021/2022 are to visit the official application website of the applicable regional center and apply.
- West Africa Applicants (Ghana)
- West Africa Applicants (Senegal)
- East Africa Applicants
- Southern Africa Applicants
Application Deadline: 16th June, 2021