The Royal Society Rising Star Africa Prize is to recognise early-career research scientists based in Africa who are making an innovative contribution to the physical, mathematical and engineering sciences.
Before you proceed, check out these opportunities:
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Lafarge Africa Plc National Essay Competition 2020 | Over N3 Million in Cash Prizes
- HackXploit Competition 2020 for Young Nigerian Hackers | N1.75 Million in Prizes
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- MTN mPulse Hackathon 2020 | N1m in Funding Support
- Ibhawoh Foundation Essay Competition 2020 for Undergraduate Students
- UNILAG Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form & How to Apply
- Access Bank Graduate Green Internship Program 2021
- Access Bank Accelerator Internship Program 2021
- Ogun State Government (OGUNINVEST) Recruitment 2020
- Nigerian Drone Business Competition 2021 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- NNPC/Chevron JV National University Scholarship 2020
- Agbami Undergraduate Scholarship Campaign 2020
- World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2021 for Africans
- How to Access 10 Million Naira Collateral-free CBN AGSMEIS Loan
The prize was established in memory of Paul O’Brien FRS and his work encouraging excellence in science and education in Africa. The recipient of the Prize is required to submit a report after 6 months and again after 12 months detailing the progress of their research, the progress of their project and the expenditure of the Grant.
Royal Society Rising Star Africa Prize Eligibility
- The Prize is intended for researchers at an early stage of their research career (<8 years post PhD) with the potential to build a research project to follow on from the prize.
- The research must be based in Africa.
- Nominations can be made by senior academics and members of the national academies of science.
- The project and nominee should be linked with an African centre of excellence, which would normally be a University or equivalent research centre.
Royal Society Rising Star Africa Prize Award
- Winners will receive a grant of £14,000 to support their research and a personal gift of £1,000.
How to Nominate for Royal Society Rising Star Africa Prize
Nominators are required to submit two referees for the nominee. These will be requested once nominations have closed and are shared with the relevant selection committee.
Nominations close on Monday, 15 February 2021 at 3pm GMT.