The MTN Media Innovation Programme for Media Practitioners 2022 is currently open for applications. The opportunity is available for young graduates and media practitioners who wish to add more values to their career, hosted by the School of Media and Communication of Pan-Atlantic University, Nigeria.
The program is fully funded by MTN Nigeria, the MIP will build the capacity of Nigerian media practitioners through training and exposure to real-life case studies that can birth innovative ideas that will enable them to lead outstanding media careers.
The MTN Media Innovation Programme (MIP) is a 6-week long programme spread across six months for media practitioners in the Nigerian space. The programme will increase the knowledge and skill base of the participants and help them understand the changing media landscape, and how to effectively use technology to create impactful media content.
The media, anywhere in the world, is a very critical stakeholder group in the socio-political and economic development of a society. It is a public trust, holding those in authority accountable, and serving as societal watchdog. In developing countries like Nigeria, the media’s role is even more critical because of weak civic organs, which often makes the line between reporting and advocacy blurry for journalists. The changing media landscape world over has widened the capacity gaps amongst professionals in the industry, which calls for interventions tailored to equip media practitioners with contemporary skills to deliver optimally on the job.
Innovation drives change and builds new approaches to problem-solving and solution-oriented media practice for the benefit of humanity; thus, justifying the certificate course in Media Innovation Programme.
The MTN Media Innovation Programme (MIP) is a certificate course run by the School of Media and Communication, Pan-Atlantic University, with a focus on the convergence between ICT and the media. MIP is going to be a fellowship for journalists (media practitioners across the entire spectrum, including social media), and it is designed to help them build capacity at both professional and business levels, and will be delivered over a 6-month period as a certificate course. It has a transforming potential of empowering media practitioners to do their job better and drive innovation that will lead to building the needed sustainability in the industry.
The programme is designed to empower media practitioners with the essential innovative, entrepreneurial, and technical skills to enable them to do their jobs better. The focus on exploring the convergence between ICT and the media could not have come at a better time than now for Nigerian media practitioners, given the existing skill gap in this area.
Fully funded by MTN Nigeria, the MIP will build the capacity of Nigerian media practitioners through training and exposure to real-life case studies that can birth innovative ideas that will enable them to lead outstanding media careers. The MIP fellows will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to thrive in a rapidly changing media environment, and guarantee career and financial success.
- Learn the requisites for innovation in the media landscape
- Develop an enhanced grasp of the changing media landscape propelled by ICT
- Witness improvement in writing and reporting skills
- Have better insights into the telecommunications and ICT landscape in Nigeria
- Have a greater understanding of how the ICT & Telecoms industry in Nigeria work and the role of MTN Nigeria in the mix
- Be equipped to take advantage of existing legitimate means to monetize their skills in a fast-changing media landscape
Every participant will experience improved knowledge in three broad areas:
- The Telecoms industry
- Media Innovation
- Writing & Reporting
MTN MIP Programme Structure / Modules
- – MTN & the Nigerian Telecoms Industry
- – Creativity & Innovation
- – Media Entrepreneurship/management principles
- – ICT and the Media: An Introduction
- – Making Money as a Journalist
- – Media Ethics
- – Subscription Business
- – Research, Writing & (Financial) Reporting
- – Strategic Planning Skills
- – Emotional Intelligence and Decision Making Process
- – 5G and IoT
- – Fintech, E-Commerce: Business and revenue models
- – Stakeholder Relations and Corporate Reputation Management
- – Experiential Marketing
- – Marketing Activation
- – PowerPoint Tools for Effective Presentation
- – Proposal Writing Skills
How to Apply for MTN MIP Programme.
Apply here:- https://smc.edu.ng/apply-here/
To fully participate for MTN Media Innovation Programme (MIP) for Young Graduates, interested applicants are hereby advise to fill and submit the application form online for the program.
Applications close on May 5, 2022.