LEAP Africa Youth Day of Service 2022: Initiated by LEAP Africa, Youth Day of Service (YDoS) is an annual week-long, pan-African youth-led social impact campaign that begins on August 12 every year which is also ‘International Youth Day’.
YDoS is designed to ignite the agency and creativity of young people across Africa towards sustainable development, and promote a culture of communal support and community development.
The week-long campaign fosters the spirit of volunteerism within the youth population and inspires them to be active change agents in their communities continuously. The campaign theme for this year is ‘Youthful and Useful.’
READ ALSO: Ireland Fellows Programme Seán MacBride Fellowship 2023-2024
Table of Contents
LEAP Africa Youth Day of Service 2022.
This year, YDoS is Pan-African, and they are calling on all African youth, corporate organizations, public and social sector organizations to renew the spirit of active citizenship by spreading the culture of service and collective responsibility.
- As a project lead, you can carry out any community-based project that other people can join, such as cleaning of a local environment, providing welfare to underserves communities, painting a school, educating women on sexual health in a community, hosting workshops or webinars to support the SDGs, and so on.
- As a volunteer, you can choose to join an existing project of your choice.
- Open to African youth, aged 13-35 years;
- Youth actors/leaders, Youth-led or youth-focused organisations, Development foundations, Corporate organizations, Individual donors can participate.
- No prior volunteering experience is needed to participate in the Youth Day of Service. All you need is a heart to serve and collaborate with other people.
- Applicants must be passionate about the SDGs, willing to give back to your community and join an amazing network of youth African change makers.
How to Apply for YDoS 2022
Register a project
What have you noticed in your community that you have always wanted to do something about?
Who is a project lead?
A youth willing to initiate, lead and coordinate a change project in a selected local community with the aim of making a difference in the lives of others and fulfilling the SDGs.
Click here to register a project
Volunteer for a project
Every young person who is passionate about creating social change and meeting a need. Someone who wants to be a part of something bigger than oneself.
Volunteer to participate in an already existing project