2022 Curatorial Residency at Cité Internationale des Arts (Fully-funded): This is a Call for Curators in Paris, France.
Applications are invited for the 2022 Curatorial Residency at Cité Internationale des Arts.
The Curatorial Residency is organized by Institut français du Nigéria, the Embassy of France in Nigeria and their Paris-based partner, Cité Internationale des Arts and will take place during two months in October and November 2022.
The residency is designed for Nigerian curators and art critics, aged over 23 years old, residing in Nigeria with proven professional experience in curating art events.
The aim of this program is to support the young generation of Nigerian curators and art critics and enable them to develop a curatorial project, new artistic opportunities and collaborations with artists in residence at the Cité Internationale des Arts.
Ever since the Cité internationale des arts was founded in 1965, artists have been coming from all over the
world to take part in our artist-in-residence programmes. The Cité encourages cross-cultural dialogue and
provides a place where artists can meet with their public and other professionals.
The Cité internationale des arts is located on two separate sites; the first is in Paris’ Marais district and the
second in Montmartre. Every month, in partnership with 135 French and international organisations, the Cité’s
two complementary sites welcome more than 300 artists from a wide range of disciplines for residencies
lasting up to 1 year.
- The Residency fees are fully covered: transportation, monthly allowances, and accomodation.
Curatorial Residency at Cité Internationale des Arts Eligibility
- Open to Nigeria based candidates of any sex;
- Aged over 23 years on January 1, 2022;
- Curators or Art Critics working in the areas of: Visual Arts – Architecture – Design – Digital Arts – Multidisciplinary – Photography.
Applicants will be mainly judged on:
- The creativity of their proposals including one or more art disciplines.
- Their experience in the field and especially their technical skills.
- Their trans-disciplinarity.
- Their portfolio’s design and presentation.
- The anticipated working schedule during the two months residency.
- Their artistic connections in France.
How to Apply Curatorial Residency at Cité Internationale des Arts 2022
The open call is open to Nigeria based candidates of any sex, aged over 23 years on January 1st of 2022.
Apply now to become the third laureate of this unprecedented program in Paris!
Make sure you have all the required documents:
- A file presenting one or more recent projects representative of your curatorial work (5 to 20 pages)
- A Resume with your academic and professional background (maximum 4 pages)
- A statement explaining the research angles that you want to develop during your art residency (maximum 2 pages)
- A residency brief with a list of artists, experts or cultural institutions with whom you wish to collaborate (maximum 1 page)
- One of the following files: a text (1 page), video (3 min) explaining your curatorial approach OR a video link representative of your work OR a letter of recommendation supporting your curatorial project at Cité Internationale des Arts OR an Internet link of your conferences or symposia.
Method of Application:
- Submit a Curatorial and Research Project
- Fill a form online
Deadline: June 19, 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview on Wednesday, 29th of June 2022.
If you have any questions, you can write to:
Mathilde Lepert, Cultural Program Officer at Institut français du Nigéria
Christelle Folly, Cultural Attaché at Embassy of France in Nigeria
For more details on the Cité Internationale des Arts, their cultural programming, living conditions and artistic opportunities, visit their website: https://www.citedesartsparis.net/