AREF Research Development Fellowship Programme 2020: Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) is now accepting applications from eligible post-doctoral scientists and clinicians who are nationals of and employed in Sub-Saharan Africa for its 2020 Research Development Fellowship Programme. The deadline for the submission of applications for the AREF Research Development Fellowship Programme is 23rd September, 2020.
The AREF RDF Programme aims to enhance the research competitiveness of emerging African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.
In 2020, these challenges will include infectious disease and non-communicable diseases. AREF’s goal is to transform the opportunities for up to 15 talented postdoctoral scientists in Africa in 2020 to contribute to reducing the burden of disease through leading research that is responsive to African settings.
The RDF Programme enables talented early-career researchers to:
- Acquire advanced research skills
- Develop and test their own compelling research questions
- Develop highly effective mentoring relationships
- Grow their potential collaborations
- Raise their profile through international networking
Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
1. Open to research active post-doctoral scientists and clinicians who are nationals of and employed in Sub-Saharan Africa who were awarded their doctorate after May 2014;
2. Clinicians without a doctorate but who have a research-relevant Master’s degree and at least two and up to seven years active research experience can also apply.
Africa Research Excellence Fund Fellowship Programme Benefits.
1. The fellowship includes a three to nine-month placement at a leading research institution in Europe or Africa, with additional support at your home institution before and after the placement, up to a maximum of £38,000.
2. Additionally, AREF will fully fund all workshops and mentorship support costs associated with the programme.
How to Apply AREF Research Development Fellowship Programme.
Guidance for applicants, the application form and finance and cost plan can be downloaded here:
Download the Application Form, Information for Applicants and Cost & Finance Spreadsheet, and email to fellowships.AREF@aref-africa.org.uk before 12:00 GMT on September 23, 2020.