Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship Program 2020 & How to Apply: Entries for the 2020 Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship program is now open for suitably qualified candidates to apply online. The application deadline for this scholarship program must be completed by 30 April, 2020.
Ten deserving African students in sciences relevant to plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship program in-order to pursue a degree program in any African Institution. The Award will be granted independent of any assistantship, scholarship, or other award that the student currently holds.
Table of Contents
This scholarship program will award USD $2,000 each to ten deserving African graduate students in sciences relevant to plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients.
Also, the Award will be made directly to the student. No specific duties will be required of the recipient.
Furthermore, the Award will be granted independent of any assistantship, scholarship, or other award that the student currently holds.
Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship Program Eligibility
Graduate students are eligible if they are:
- Currently attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
- Candidates for M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. degrees, who are currently enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline. Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible.
- Students in the disciplines of soil and plant sciences (including agronomy, horticulture, ecology, soil fertility, soil chemistry, crop physiology, environmental science, and other areas related to crop nutrition) are encouraged to apply.
- Past winners of the Award are not eligible.
Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship Requirements
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- Electronic copy of transcripts of all university work, including cumulative and final grade records (GPA or percentile).
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the major professor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and must include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A description of the focus of your thesis or dissertation research presented in a manner that will permit evaluation of its originality, depth, and scope, innovative approaches, and relevance.
- A brief description of any additional information that may be relevant to the award (such as honours or awards you have received, employment history, career goals, and other activities you pursue).
- You will be required to upload documents during the online application process. It is recommended that electronic (.PDF) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
Application must be completed by 30 April, 2020.
The successful recipients will be notified in June, 2020 and the Award will be presented to the winners as soon as practical thereafter.
How to Apply Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship Program 2020.
The application is only available on-line here at www.apni.net/scholar-apply
Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org