Each year the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) offers undergraduate Scholarships for 37 Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on any course of study.
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT),in the amount of One Hundred thousand Naira each, to Nigerian female undergraduate students in Nigerian university or tertiary institutions.
NWAG, a non-profit organization based in Atlanta Georgia, was founded in April 2000 by the then Consul General’s wife, Mrs. Dayo Keshi with a mission to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in their home country, Nigeria.
NWAG Scholarships Requirements.
1. Proof of State of Origin-Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
2. Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
3. 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
4. Photocopy of your current university student identification card
5. A current photograph of yourself
6. An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
7. A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on: “Human Trafficking is on the rise. Explain the rapid spread and its effect on the human race”. How can it be stopped?
How to Apply NWAG Scholarships for Nigeria Female Undergraduates 2020.
Application Form and process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application.
Interested applicants are advised to download an application form here. submit their applications and all required documents to NWAG either by regular mail to P.O. Box 244132, Atlanta, GA 30324 or electronically via email at [email protected] All electronic submissions must be in PDF format.
Apply Before: 30th May, 2020.