Official JAMB List of Prohibited Items in Exam Hall : Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB has released the list of strictly restricted/prohibited items in the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination hall.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) still maintained its directive that no candidate would be allowed to come into the exam hall with electronic devices in the forthcoming 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
READ ALSO: FUTA Students Win 2022 WEMA Bank HACKAHOLICS Competition
Table of Contents
Official JAMB List of Prohibited Items in Exam Hall.
JAMB has published the list of Prohibited Items that won’t be allowed into any of its centres during this year’s examination. The items are:
- Electronic devices such as:
- mobile phones
- spy reading glasses
- ear piece
- bluetooth devices
- hard disk and other similar storage devices
- smart lenses
- books or any reading/writing material
- ink/pen readers
- key holders
- ATM cards
- smart rings/jewelries
The bulletin partly states: “to ensure that the board’s examinations meet best global practice, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has prohibited the use of the following items during examinations.
“Candidates are hereby advised not to bring these items close to the examination venue in their best interest. Any breach of this directive would bar the candidates from taking the examination.”
JAMB’s spokesperson, Dr. Fabian Benjamin disclosed that some candidates who breached the directive and brought some of the devices to the hall last year were caught and handed over to security agencies.
See also: JAMB Reprint 2022 Exam Slip Portal – portal.jamb.gov.ng/ExamSlipPrinting
Instructions on Biometric Verification for 2022 UTME.
1. Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
2. No Candidate should be kept waiting if he/she cannot be verified. Such a candidate should be recaptured at the centre before leaving. ONLY genuine cases will subsequently be treated.
3. There is no other Attendance Register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as Attendance Register during examinations.
4. Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent status.
5. All Examination Officials, including the security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules, and regulations on the examination.