Gombe State University Resumption Date for 1st Semester 2019/2020: The date for the resumption of academic activities at the Gombe State University (GSU) for the completion of the first semester, 2019/2020 academic session has been announced. See GSU resumption date and other important dates below.
The Gombe State University (GSU) management has published the dates for the resumption of academic activities for the completion of 1st semester, 2019/2020 academic session and other important dates.
Further to the circular of the National Universities Commission (NUC) Ref. no: NUC/ES/138/VOL. 63/153 dated 6th January 2021,directing Universities to re-open on the 18th of January, 2021 for the continuation of academic activities: the Gombe State University Senate has in compliance with the directive approved the re-opening of the University on the stated date.
Gombe State University Resumption Date.
Consequently, notice is hereby given to Staff Students and the General Public to re-open Gombe State University on Monday, the 18th of January, 2021. However, the resumption of Students on campus for the completion of First Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session is staggered as follows:
- Mon. 18th – Sat. 30th Jan. 2021
- Resumption of 400L Arts & Social Sciences, Education and Science. 300L 600L Medicine and 500L Pharmacy Students on campus
- 2 Weeks Revision/Exams for 400/500 levels students
- Sun. 31st Jan. 2021
- Resumption of 300 level students on campus
- Mon 1st – Sat. 6th Feb. 2021
- 1 Week Examinations for 300 level students
- Sun. 7 Feb. 2021 Mon 8th – Sat, 13 Feb. 2021
- Resumption of 200 level students on campus
- 1 Week Examinations for 200 level students
- Sun. 14 Feb. 2021
- Resumption of 100 level students on campus
- Mon, 15th – Sat. 27th Feb. 2021
- 2 Weeks Lectures for 100 level students
- Mon 1st – Sat 6th Mar. 2021
- 1 Week Examinations for 100 level students
The University is determined to safeguard staff and students’ lives by strictly adhering to the extant safety protocols and advisories and the NCDC Guidelines on COVID-19.