The Federal Polytechnic Bauchi has secured approval from the National Universities Commission (NUC) to run nine-degree courses in affiliation with the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), Bauchi.
Before you proceed, check out these opportunities:
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Lafarge Africa Plc National Essay Competition 2020 | Over N3 Million in Cash Prizes
- HackXploit Competition 2020 for Young Nigerian Hackers | N1.75 Million in Prizes
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- MTN mPulse Hackathon 2020 | N1m in Funding Support
- Ibhawoh Foundation Essay Competition 2020 for Undergraduate Students
- FUAM JUPEB Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
Rector of the polytechnic Sanusi Waziri Gumau, who disclosed on Saturday on the occasion of the 2020 matriculation ceremony of newly admitted students said the nine new degree courses which would be affiliated to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) Bauchi include; Agric and Bio-Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
Others he said are; degrees in Architecture, Building Technology, Estate management and valuation, Quantity surveying and Survey and Geo-informatics.
The rector added that the polytechnic also runs Post Graduate Diplomas (PGDs) in engineering programs with the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna even as it created four additional departments.
“We have recently created four additional departments and the appointments of their heads. The departments are; computer engineering, mechanical engineering, urban and regional planning and crime management. These departments will run ND programs under them as soon as we receive communication with the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)”. He stated.
Also speaking, the registrar of the school Rakiya Maleka urged the newly admitted students to abide by the rules of the institution and avoid acts that could lead to their expulsion from the polytechnic.
She explained that for 2019/2020 the polytechnic received 9, 910 applications out of which 9, 654 were admitted.